Cedula renewal office location

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
could any one share if the residency renewal office in Santo Domingo just off the malecon is close to the cedula renewal office ? i know residency office so if someone might give directions in relation to this i would be gratefull.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Last time I was there it was a couple of blocks down Luperon Ave from the big plaza...there are flags flying in front of it...

Going towards the sea, it is on your right hand side.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
could any one share if the residency renewal office in Santo Domingo just off the malecon is close to the cedula renewal office ? i know residency office so if someone might give directions in relation to this i would be gratefull.

No, they are not near each other. In this thread is the location of the cedula office and, to the best of my recollection, instructions on how to get there.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/105106-new-renewal-cedula-residency-cards-drivers-license.html

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I just went with my husband to replace his cedula - go to Centro de los Heroes at the foot of Winston Churchiill [called Jimenez Moya down there] near the malecon [below Independencia] and ask anyone - it's right there.

AE

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
AE - that's the JCE office in La Feria where Dominicans get their cedula renewed. Foreign residents have to go to the JCE offices on Plaza de la Bandera (27 con Luper?n) and that is what the OP was asking about.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE - that's the JCE office in La Feria where Dominicans get their cedula renewed. Foreign residents have to go to the JCE offices on Plaza de la Bandera (27 con Luper?n) and that is what the OP was asking about.

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize there are two offices to renew cedulas!

AE

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
further question regarding expiry og cedula!!!!

MY CEDULA HAS BIG NUMBERS 2008 ON THE FRONT .dOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN EXPIRY DATE ON THE CEDULA CARD?:ermm:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MY CEDULA HAS BIG NUMBERS 2008 ON THE FRONT .dOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN EXPIRY DATE ON THE CEDULA CARD?:ermm:

You better get it renewed this month before the new rules take effect.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

if You watch that number "2008" closely You will be able to read under it the words:
"vence dia nacimiento a?o"

that mean's in English:
"Expires on Your Birthday in the year of..." 2008

You have This Month to renew it for 7 years for just 2500 Pesos,
afterwards you pay 2500 Pesos plus 500 pesos per Month after Your expirations Date.

Mike

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
if You watch that number "2008" closely You will be able to read under it the words:
"vence dia nacimiento a?o"

that mean's in English:
"Expires on Your Birthday in the year of..." 2008

You have This Month to renew it for 7 years for just 2500 Pesos,
afterwards you pay 2500 Pesos plus 500 pesos per Month after Your expirations Date.

Mike

Went there today (Friday, 25 March) at 14:10

- I was the only person there, in and out in less than ten minutes.

Staff were charming, polite, efficient and did everything to make the process pleasant and easy.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Went there today (Friday, 25 March) at 14:10

- I was the only person there, in and out in less than ten minutes.

Staff were charming, polite, efficient and did everything to make the process pleasant and easy.

Sounds great. So I need:

Residency
Old cedula
Passport
?

I am a North Coaster. So if I tell the taxi driver "Plaza de Bandera por favor" He will then know where it is? I do not mind walking and I have google maps on my phone so the actual streets would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes: take your expired c?dula, valid residency card and passport. And money.

I renewed it a couple of weeks ago and it was easy and quick. My c?dula had expired in 2009 and I had to pay RD$3,000.

If you tell the taxi driver that it is in one of the JCE buildings - not the main one but another one on Avenida Luper?n, about 200 metres after Plaza de la Bandera (on the right-hand side heading south) - a peach coloured 2-storey building.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No, I was very disappointed that it was only till 2013, maybe linked to the validity of my residency, not sure.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
No, I was very disappointed that it was only till 2013, maybe linked to the validity of my residency, not sure.

Yeah that scks...I have seen a sign with different options (years).

Do not think its linked because I had residency and cedula expiring different years.

I will take the loooooongest alternative...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Opening hours

So i am going to renew my cedula this week. Anybody knows the opening hours? Any siesta at 12-2pm?

Thank you in advance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i went there lat month and it was very quick indeed. be ready to handle your passort/cedula to a member of staff (they take copies of said documents). wear sleeves (for the photo).
only two weeks left so hurry up!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hehe, I will do it this week. Sleeves? long sleeves? ehhhh No entiendo. I was going to have long pants...