Belgian bakery now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
The Belgian bakery located next to Banco Popular in Cabarete has opened his doors today.
We had our eyes already some time on it and today they opened so of course we had to see what they had.

Everything you can find in a Belgian bakery : freshly baked loafs of good bread, brown and white, nice real sandwiches (the real bread rolls, not the sweet ones), all kinds of lovely Belgian pastry going from Boule de Berlin to sweet rice pudding tartes, all kinds of pastry filled with delicious creamy light vanilla pudding and topped with fresh fruits and much more. Oh and the lovely smell of freshly baked stuff, hmmm :)

And the good thing is, they are not that expensive so we are going indulge ourselves in some treats the coming weeks!

Acira

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Although the German bakers were a great relief after the funky stuff they called bread, we had to eat in Jarabacoa, nothing can compare to a real good Belgian bakery.

I sincerely hope those guys make a success out of it.

By the way, the French guy in the neighborhood of Cabarete, who makes the "French Baguettes" sold in Janet's, should be deported back to France with a sample of his goods. I'm quite sure they will resurrect the guillotine for him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this sounds really good. i may abuse miesposo now i am "recovering". belgian pastry is a cure for all predicaments, right?

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
They originate from the Flemish speaking part of Belgium so mother tongue is Flemish but they do speak French also like almost all Belgians do...donP :)
Does the maner of language somehow change the taste of a bun or bread ? maybe I missed something ?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'll check this out...
But if they greet us with 'bonjour' or 'goede morgen' I shall never know how their bread tastes... :cheeky:

donP

Plenty of pretty local girls helping out. Problem is I have no idea how all those goodies in the counter are called in Spanish. So aside from ordering the pan, I had to go back to pointing

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Plenty of pretty local girls helping out. Problem is I have no idea how all those goodies in the counter are called in Spanish. So aside from ordering the pan, I had to go back to pointing
I agree with you. Is that not why god or buddha or someone gave us arms and fingers ? lol

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Some kind of a risk, opening a business as a Belgian couple in Sosua. At the end of Octobre, all direct airplane connections between Brussels and POP will end. So very few Belgians will go.....

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Some kind of a risk, opening a business as a Belgian couple in Sosua. At the end of Octobre, all direct airplane connections between Brussels and POP will end. So very few Belgians will go.....

I don't think this bakery is aiming at the tourists who come here but at the ex-pats living here from all nationalities and Dominicans. Try their Tom Poes (layers of feuillete filled with real vanilla pudding and a frosting on top) and you know what I am talking about.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't think this bakery is aiming at the tourists who come here but at the ex-pats living here from all nationalities and Dominicans. Try their Tom Poes (layers of feuillete filled with real vanilla pudding and a frosting on top) and you know what I am talking about.

Sounds like Mille Feuille......yummy !!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, guts, i can cook, but baking - no way. i feel so jealous there are folks out there capable of doing this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.