When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Did you read that?
Presentara... "esta practicamente listo".... Consideró que esta semana la normativa podría estar lista de manera definitiva. ....:unsure::unsure:

They are talking about the protocols which have to be in place July 1. to receive the tourist and maybe the manage to get it done this week...😱

The good thing (maybe) according to the press relace from Mitur today the July 1. date for restart tourism is not changeable (vamos a ver!)...

"aseguró que la fecha del primero de julio es una fecha “invariable”

One would think the Hotel Assoc. has a VERY big say in this matter. I don't care what party you belong to bc it's all about favors and money now or the next election. $$$$$$$$$$$. IMHO the hotel industry is BIGGER than th government.

richgelber

Jun 13, 2018
In the US the president's powers are illusionary. States have their own powers over the sanitary mesures (I wish the DR provinces had the same - why should Pedernales take the same measures as Santo Domingo?).
Did you noticed how the governor and the city mayor of New York were quarreling about the scope of COVID lockup an Trupmp could do nothing? Or how he sent the military to the protesters and the generals said no. He can flight Corona virus on Twitter... until they censor him.
Do not blame Trump - that's the system that is beyond repair.
yes it is.

DutchRudi

Jun 23, 2020
sosua/santiago
What have a private pilot and Miami have to do with travel, well they say July will be open, but not for commercial travel out bound, private yes it should be open per July 1st. No commercial international travel is permitted, as I see and understand. Im a commercial pilot myself, and I can find out if planes are flying, and yes they are the whole time, but if you call the airline, if they answer, they say no we are not flying, but i can prove they are.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the US the president's powers are illusionary. States have their own powers over the sanitary mesures (I wish the DR provinces had the same - why should Pedernales take the same measures as Santo Domingo?).
Did you noticed how the governor and the city mayor of New York were quarreling about the scope of COVID lockup an Trupmp could do nothing? Or how he sent the military to the protesters and the generals said no. He can flight Corona virus on Twitter... until they censor him.
Do not blame Trump - that's the system that is beyond repair.
People don't realize that states rights are a huge part of this. And yes, they forgot that when Trump tried to tell them when to open, they pushed back because each state is in charge of openings and closings. Not the Federal government.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What have a private pilot and Miami have to do with travel, well they say July will be open, but not for commercial travel out bound, private yes it should be open per July 1st. No commercial international travel is permitted, as I see and understand. Im a commercial pilot myself, and I can find out if planes are flying, and yes they are the whole time, but if you call the airline, if they answer, they say no we are not flying, but i can prove they are.
Then why is the Director of DR Tourism stating that tourists will return as of July 1 is inviolate?

Status
Not open for further replies.