The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Thank you for the response, but you have previously stated you do not live within the municipality. I was hoping for a response from a current resident.
Current resident here.The place is picking itself up slowly as businesses start opening and there are a few more folks on the street during the day.(i'm not a night owl so leave that report to others.) The place is beautifully clean at present so let's hope it can stay the way and whilst the murals are an interesting distraction it's difficult to imagine them in a few months or so when the glamour wears off.
So far we are fairly tourist free but I guess that will soon change once the airport gets going properly and the hotels kick in.
As for many folk's favourite subject,our friendly ladies,I have little to comment but I don't see much to shock a parish priest so far.

Just can't figure out why so many posters who have obviously no knowledge of the town insist on posting inane rubbish about the place?
I could go over to a Jarabacoa thread and start posting about how utterly boring and wannabe alpen I found it on my few visits but I don't feel the need.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I spent all day (Saturday) at Sosua beach with friends yesterday. About 60% of the shacks are still closed. Left around 3pm. Plenty of peòple were eating and drinking without mask... just good old fashion sunshine with music. Nice to see things getting back to normal.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
well,being a sex tourist,was never my thing,guess its yours.Tell me what intrests beyond the sex tourist life style do you have? Not many right?
Sex tourist? Sosua has one of the best beaches for (when water's calm) for swimming in the entire country. Get over it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
My trigger finger to buy a ticket is so itchy i can not even describe it with mere words .. but I need Restaurants to be OPEN. not gonna lie ,, waking around a dead town, even If we have the whole Beach to ourselves, does not appeal to me .. and a place to dance Bachata or at least sit and listen to music at night would be nice too..

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
My trigger finger to buy a ticket is so itchy i can not even describe it with mere words .. but I need Restaurants to be OPEN. not gonna lie ,, waking around a dead town, even If we have the whole Beach to ourselves, does not appeal to me .. and a place to dance Bachata or at least sit and listen to music at night would be nice too..

Pull the trigger, more and more restaurants are opening. I ate at Wolfgangs the other day at one of his on the sidewalk tables, Elefante Rosada is open and so are a few others. This picture (not a great shot) is from yesterday ....just to help your trigger finger.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1c22.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1c22.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 174

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Pull the trigger, more and more restaurants are opening. I ate at Wolfgangs the other day at one of his on the sidewalk tables, Elefante Rosada is open and so are a few others. This picture (not a great shot) is from yesterday ....just to help your trigger finger.
That view looks familiar. Nice pic.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I would wait until this week is over to buy ticket politics in play , just incase new prez has some wild ideas of his own ..

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
For me to take a two week vacation, I need 4 weeks off work. It's ain't happening until the 14 day quarantine upon return is gone.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
So far we are fairly tourist free but I guess that will soon change once the airport gets going properly and the hotels kick in.

Are there actually any flights though? Just because the Dominican airports open doesn't necessarily mean the airlines will go there immediately.
I think here in NL there is nothing yet and heard TUI UK won't go until November at the earliest.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Are there actually any flights though? Just because the Dominican airports open doesn't necessarily mean the airlines will go there immediately.
I think here in NL there is nothing yet and heard TUI UK won't go until November at the earliest.

No flights from Europe yet... Jetblue and AA for the moment...

Reactions: CristoRey

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
No Canadian flights now , west jet beginning of aug. but aug. could disappear if demand not there ...July flights disappeared in middle June

Status
Not open for further replies.