Beaches are closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Puerto Plata council put order in close parks and beaches..
Willy closed Sosua Beaches and Rivers. There is a question to if this applies to Cabarete as well.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
My wife almost died. HOMS is freaked the fuck out. This Country needs to do something and something FAST! I get messages daily of people who have had COVID on the NC and Santiago but don't share it publicly. I would literally rather be in the US than here at this point. At least they have more Hospitals and better Health care and TESTING! The hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The testing is NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH or quick enough. I was quarantined with my wife for 2 weeks in the hospital with her in the COVID ward and they did not give me a test. I asked twice but they were so stressed about it bc they just don't have enough tests and save them for very ill people and the waiting for others is a while. No point for me to take a test away from someone who really needs it as I already knew so I stopped asking. Staying home for 2 weeks from when we left the hospital.
It's an absolute disaster here.

My thoughts are with you and your wife. I wish her a swift recovery, this virus is nasty, anybody who thinks otherwise is mistaken.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What "poor decisions"?

The poor decisions that result in them getting sick or making someone else sick. The reported infection numbers suggest that there are a lot of poor decisions being made everyday by a lot of people who either don't know any better or don't care.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Really?? Entitled??? Entitled to what? Wanting to go out into the sun, which by the way,, makes Vitamin D to protect you and the same sun which kills wuhan chinese virus in 2 minutes??? Ya,, I think I should be entitled to exercise on the beach in the sun and cestur shouldnt have a say about it.

Are you an RD citizen?

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Are you an RD citizen?

What does it matter what my citizenship is???
Are you an RD citizen?
What does it matter to you or the wuhan chinese virus if I am a citizen? A citizen of what??? Beaches being closed is stupid and accomplishes absolutely nothing. The virus is killed in direct sunlight,,thats a fact,, It spreads in enclosed areas, like trains and buses. Thats a fact. It doesnt spread if I am sitting on a beach towel with a beer not bothering anyone. Take some responsibility for your actions.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
The poor decisions that result in them getting sick or making someone else sick. The reported infection numbers suggest that there are a lot of poor decisions being made everyday by a lot of people who either don't know any better or don't care.

Wearing of the masks is the funniest and the stupidest thing ever :LOL:. If your underwear and you pants can't stop a fart from getting thru how is the mask gonna stop the virus you can only see under the microscope? 😁 It's nothing but a "we don't know what to do so let's pretend we're doing something" thing. Stupid.

Reactions: wayne and jd426

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What does it matter what my citizenship is???

What does it matter to you or the wuhan chinese virus if I am a citizen? A citizen of what??? Beaches being closed is stupid and accomplishes absolutely nothing. The virus is killed in direct sunlight,,thats a fact,, It spreads in enclosed areas, like trains and buses. Thats a fact. It doesnt spread if I am sitting on a beach towel with a beer not bothering anyone. Take some responsibility for your actions.

I personally, could care less where you are from.
Just noting that if you are not an RD citizen, you are not entitled to anything within this country.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
This morning the beach next to Playa Dorada was open, this afternoon Cestur was blocking the entrance and said it was closed for 45 days. This is insane, everything else is open but the beaches must be closed. I am not understanding the logic.
"45 days" ???!!! OMG !!!

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I personally, could care less where you are from.
Just noting that if you are not an RD citizen, you are not entitled to anything within this country.
Maybe you should re-read the original post,, which you liked...
I am not entitled to go to the beach because a politician says so??

Reactions: irsav

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Do you want to know if I am a citizen to you can report me to the "officials" for questioning their unerring judgement? Are you a fascist?

Yes, I will report you Tonchi. To the secret police as a threat to RD sovereignty.
Be mindful of your walk home from the colmado. They may snatch you up in a GAZ-31013. :ROFLMAO:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Maybe you should re-read the original post,, which you liked...
I am not entitled to go to the beach because a politician says so??

Perhaps you are late to the party.
There are four months worth of conversations regarding the previous SOE. Enjoy some light reading, amidst your entitled beverage and sunshine. 🍻

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
My wife almost died. HOMS is freaked the fuck out. This Country needs to do something and something FAST! I get messages daily of people who have had COVID on the NC and Santiago but don't share it publicly. I would literally rather be in the US than here at this point. At least they have more Hospitals and better Health care and TESTING! The hospitals are on the verge of collapse. The testing is NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH or quick enough. I was quarantined with my wife for 2 weeks in the hospital with her in the COVID ward and they did not give me a test. I asked twice but they were so stressed about it bc they just don't have enough tests and save them for very ill people and the waiting for others is a while. No point for me to take a test away from someone who really needs it as I already knew so I stopped asking. Staying home for 2 weeks from when we left the hospital.
It's an absolute disaster here.
Our prayers with you and your family!

Status
Not open for further replies.