Sosua Landfill Issues

Norberto61

Jun 21, 2015
you would. but you'd need lot of money to start and lot of backup among politicians. i posted a story few months ago about a really small recycling plant started with international aid help, in SD. the cost of establishing that business was 200k dollars. and i presume it involved minimum machinery because recycling machines are expensive. but yeah, there is money to be made on the stuff.
No - It does not make economic sense at all - in North America recycling runs about 2 to 3 times the cost of landfilling - I can't imagine it being less in the DR- there is hardly any market for the plastics - probably less so in the DR - people in North America think that recycling makes money - uh nope- metals and electronics should all be recycled and that makes sense and is easy to achieve - everything else - not so much

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No - It does not make economic sense at all - in North America recycling runs about 2 to 3 times the cost of landfilling - I can't imagine it being less in the DR- there is hardly any market for the plastics - probably less so in the DR - people in North America think that recycling makes money - uh nope- metals and electronics should all be recycled and that makes sense and is easy to achieve - everything else - not so much

So what do you recommend should be the standard operating procedure for glass and plastics?

Reactions: JD Jones