Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I live in Quebec and yesterday our provincial prime Minister was actually asking the federal government for a TWO tests requirement : one negative PCR test before boarding on your flight to Canada AND a second "rapid test" at the Canadian airport upon arrival.
Thats what they asked the federal government to implement.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I live in Quebec and yesterday our provincial prime Minister was actually asking the federal government for a TWO tests requirement : one negative PCR test before boarding on your flight to Canada AND a second "rapid test" at the Canadian airport upon arrival.
Thats what they asked the federal government to implement.
Hmmmm looks like our free-range slavery is coming to an end in favour of the more traditional style. So put on your muzzle, fire up Amazon.ca and don't forget to sing Happy Birthday twice when you wash, wash, wash your hands...
This will go on and on until we decide to stop it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hmmmm looks like our free-range slavery is coming to an end in favour of the more traditional style. So put on your muzzle, fire up Amazon.ca and don't forget to sing Happy Birthday twice when you wash, wash, wash your hands...
This will go on and on until we decide to stop it.
An old girlfriend of mine went to England for Christmas with her daughter then off to Germany to visit with her daughters fiance. Two negative test to get to Germany, then she flew home from Frankfort with another negative test in hand. Still required a 14 QUARANTINE WITH DAILY CHECK-INS.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Here in Cabrera we go to the local clinic for the blood test... whichever one that is

Same day results.. 2 clinics I know... 2.550 & 3,500 pesos
Same day results.... a few hours

If you are staying at ahotel, I'm sure they'll fix you up
Has to be PCR test..

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

You know what ? Every single country are strongly discouraging non-essential travel. Many people, including myself, chose to travel.

I am in the US because I had to take care of some businesses, had to do a 14 day quarantine. Not that I am free from house arrest :), I have to run around like a mad woman to finish everything before I fly back.

Now, If the DR decide that they have to take my temperature rectally on a daily basis for 2 weeks once I get off the plane :geek:, it is for me to decide if it is worth it or not before I board the plane.

Can't be crying about it, it was my choice, just face the consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Now what sense would it to only do non residents when 80% travel is residents ..point is they want to deter travel right now .. glad we have a gov that is trying our hospitals becoming overrun...look what happens when nothing done..you pick the evil ...Money or Life ..no ones right or wrong right now :(
Try eating with no money. Money is food, food is life.
Can you do the math?
Modus Ponens

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I had mine done in POP and got results within 2 days. By telephone.
That’s what I Heard Puerto Plata for PCR I Heard it’s 15 days ..it dominican news soooo...
refrencia Puerto Plata 1-829-679-5016 they do PCR test You have to make appointment..going to call today find out more..

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That’s what I Heard Puerto Plata for PCR I Heard it’s 15 days ..it dominican news soooo...
refrencia Puerto Plata 1-829-679-5016 they do PCR test You have to make appointment..going to call today find out more..
I paid $2000.oo DOP for the PCR Test.Centro Medico Bournigal 516 2342 . my Doctor ordered the Test. 23 Nov. 20

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
  • Wow
Reactions: Russell

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
CBC says.... have to be tested before returning
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/negative-pcr-covid-test-air-passengers-1.5857626

Air passengers entering Canada will soon need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before arriving in the country,
Under the new protocol, travellers must receive a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test within a 72-hour period prior to boarding a plane. Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc said he expects the new rule will be in force within a week.
Travellers who are unable to procure tests before their flights home won't be stranded abroad, LeBlanc said. Immediately upon their return to Canada, he said, those passengers will be required to isolate at federally-approved sites until they obtain negative test results and meet other quarantine commitments.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I called la referencia clinic in santo domingo and they said the cost of the PCR test without insurance is $4300 DOP! Holy rip-off !

Reactions: aname4me

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Question..... Where is the closed PCR Testing center to SOSUA ? ? POP ? Santiago ? Santo Domingo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.