Monthly Pension Fund Requirement For Residency Renewal

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Must be something new(?). Just renewed last July and no financial info was required for renewal of an RT-9 temporary residency. Can you post a link a where you see this requirement?
Did you review the migration website posted earlier?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Ordinary Temporary Residence Renewal (RT-9), for a period of one (1) year.​

REQUIREMENTS​

• Letter requesting the renewal of the Temporary Ordinary Residence addressed to the DGM.
• Passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months.
• Ordinary Temporary Residence Card, original.
• Personal Identity Card, only for verification.
• Two (2) recent photographs, front, size 2×2, without jewelry or accessories, bare ears, white background.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.
• Guarantee policy contracted with the insurance company authorized by the DGM (Dominicana de Seguros)

Unbelievable how you ask these DR1ers a question and despite years of experience none of them can give you a straight answer.
Now I do not know if this is the exact type of renewal you are looking for but I throw it out there.
Not being an expert.
But I can click on a link.
Even if I do knot red o spel 2️⃣ gud.
EAST SIDE‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

PERMANENT RESIDENCE RENEWAL (RP-1)​

REQUIREMENTS​

• Passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months.
• Original Permanent Residence Card.
• Personal Identity Card, only for verification.
• Two (2) recent photographs, front, size 2×2.
• Certification of No Criminal Record, issued by the Attorney General’s Office.
• Medical examinations, in one of the institutions authorized by the DGM, (if applicable).

Jan 9, 2004
Must be something new(?). Just renewed last July and no financial info was required for renewal of an RT-9 temporary residency. Can you post a link a where you see this requirement?
When, if, you ever apply for permanent residency, you will be required to submit financials.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
When, if, you ever apply for permanent residency, you will be required to submit financials.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I submitted last year for permanent residency, on the website, and there was no financial requirements.

That said it was refused because somehow we don't count 5 years of temporal the same.
Apparently it is initial residency + 5 renewals.

And this year I couldn't be bothered to ask for permanent, so just submitted to renew temporal.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004
I submitted last year for permanent residency, on the website, and there was no financial requirements.

That said it was refused because somehow we don't count 5 years of temporal the same.
Apparently it is initial residency + 5 renewals.

And this year I couldn't be bothered to ask for permanent, so just submitted to renew temporal.

Sixth bullet point down under REQUIREMENTS.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Carl.L

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes

Sixth bullet point down under REQUIREMENTS.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
"• Documents that guarantee your own financial solvency (bank letter, car registration, title deed, investment or savings certificate, etc.)."

It's there as noted yet pretty vague. Without a number it seems far too open to personal interpretation of whoever is assessing the applications.

Of course if one were to marry a Dominican that removes some of the hurdles, unless that too has changed.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That's my understanding, too. Some kind of financial statements are required for permanent residency application, but not for temporary residency renewals. The OP's question is regarding temporary residency renewals. That's why I asked him/her for the link where he/she is seeing the requirement. As far as I know, it doesn't exist, but things do change overnight at DGM.

Jan 9, 2004
That's my understanding, too. Some kind of financial statements are required for permanent residency application, but not for temporary residency renewals. The OP's question is regarding temporary residency renewals. That's why I asked him/her for the link where he/she is seeing the requirement. As far as I know, it doesn't exist, but things do change overnight at DGM.

I believe he asked about permanent residency renewal.

To my knowledge there is no financial requirement for renewal, just the initial application for permanent residency.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: cavok

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
There is a migración requirement to have prove one has corresponding pension or income monthly in the RD. for permanent residency renewal. This poster is into his 20th yr of residency up for renewal and has his pension and SS income deposited in a US bank for autopayment for all services and goods, no matter where. He uses credit cards to make purchases of goods and services in the RD.. He has a cash reserve, he brings to RD when traveling from US. no Dominican bank account. My wife is Dominicana with US pension deposited in a US bank and has cash reserves in Dominican local banks. We do not want to change our arrangement. How can one show to migración this poster's money is coming to the RD?

Will this poster be able to get definitive residence card at this renewal?

Regards,

PJT
Moderator: This is turning into a funny farm show. The op is asking about PERMANENT RESIDENCY. EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD BE DELETED OR DIRECTED TO ANOTHER THREAD. The title should be change to include PERMANENT RESIDENCY.

Now to answer the op. Which category of permanent residence to you have? You mention 20 years so I would think its the regular, ordinary category as to the "investor- retired category. I do not know what was available 20 years ago. The category should be written on his card.

I suspect but not sure is that DGM what to see that he is living here and spending $$$ here. 20 years here and no Bank account does not look good? Maybe Condo fees, rental contract, house title, electricity, water, cable or internet, or even groceries shopping even on US credit card will help.

After 10 years of permanent residence you can apply to change category to definitive residency. I would suggest to use a reputable lawyer for this process and the lawyer can inform you on the complete requirements.

I just hope that your 20 years ago residency was legit as there was much fraud before!

MelAlcantara

Mar 14, 2019
There is a migración requirement to have prove one has corresponding pension or income monthly in the RD. for permanent residency renewal. This poster is into his 20th yr of residency up for renewal and has his pension and SS income deposited in a US bank for autopayment for all services and goods, no matter where. He uses credit cards to make purchases of goods and services in the RD.. He has a cash reserve, he brings to RD when traveling from US. no Dominican bank account. My wife is Dominicana with US pension deposited in a US bank and has cash reserves in Dominican local banks. We do not want to change our arrangement. How can one show to migración this poster's money is coming to the RD?

Will this poster be able to get definitive residence card at this renewal?

Regards,

PJT
The pension fund requirement is just established for those under the Retiree program. This is not needed for temporary residents or permanents ones under the regular route.
You can apply for the Definitive residency after being a permanent resident for 10 years (the old blue card). Just be sure that you are holding the permanent residency to request it.
Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Carl.L

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The pension fund requirement is just established for those under the Retiree program. This is not needed for temporary residents or permanents ones under the regular route.
You can apply for the Definitive residency after being a permanent resident for 10 years (the old blue card). Just be sure that you are holding the permanent residency to request it.
Hope this is helpful.

Hmm. My RD-1 definite residency card is purple. I didn't know there were different colors.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Hmm. My RD-1 definite residency card is purple. I didn't know there were different colors.
Neither did migracion at Santiago airport the first time I used the purple definitive residency card 2 years ago

Or 2 months later when I got a call from migracion in Santiago asking why I did not renew my permanent residency card.

Or when I got an e-mail 20 months after having the purple card for me to go to Santo Domingo to get my 10 year card.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thanks for all your updates.

Does the Punta Cana/Bavaro migracion office do renewals? The online application lists "Bavaro" as a renewal location. Is it so?

Regards,

PJT

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for all your updates.

Does the Punta Cana/Bavaro migracion office do renewals? The online application lists "Bavaro" as a renewal location. Is it so?

Regards,

PJT

I think they only check your documents online.

Then you go to SD to actually deposit the physical documents, pay and get the residency card and all that.

At least that's my experience.
I choose santiago office in the drop down menu, however my " cita " is in SD.