Dominican Foods

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I don’t know it’s in time but be careful with what you touch after picking and handling the ají picante. If “ya feel me”.
And I do Mr. Fulano2
I have already failed to heed your advice and paid the price.
👁️🔥

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There is a tea that has been made for me when I am sick that has Chinola as a component.
It tastes so bad.
I guess it is one of those things where if it does not kill you it makes your stronger ‼️

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
#1 for me

I'm boring and organized... 1 for me... My wife is not boring but still organized, but still 1... I I were to start from some other point, I would make a mess...

For our youngest (no, he does not eat these things on a daily basis, just on occasion), it's 2... He dislikes the crust, just wants what's inside the thing...

Reactions: AlterEgo

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I grow both "ají pecante" and "ají gustoso" and just picked up a pound (more or less mixed) off the farm two days ago.
You are dead on point about the usage and quality.
Especially when it comes hand picked, fresh and straight out the campo.
To
EAST SIDE ‼️

We have both as well--- I would say " grow" , bit that would be a fib, as they just grow themselves😉--- however we rarely use them fresh ( as opposed to the gustoso that we only use fresh ).

Apparently they are not hot enough fresh ( like, for real ?😂).
So they are laid out in the sun for a couple of days to dry out.
The result is twofold, they are are hotter, and you can keep them in a jar for weeks.

I also macerate them in olive oil for a home made spicy pizza oil.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
One of my favorite meals in DR is Chivo Guisado - Stewed Goat. Aunt Clara shared her family recipe (below), and since she’s from Montecristi, undisputed home of chivo, it’s very authentic. I make it pretty much the same way, except that I brown it in carmelized sugar like my mother-in-law taught me.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Aunt Clara’s recipe for Dominican Locrio de Pollo (chicken and rice), complete with a Spanish lesson.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Typical morning snack on my way to the office.
Corn meal crust w/ Chicken wrapped in a creamy white sauce. Delicious.

Attachments

• Empanada.png
    Empanada.png
    321.1 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: AlterEgo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have never seen 3 and 17. I avoid 5 and 6 as being actual non-food items I never understood why anyone ate more than once.