Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
8164 compared to 700000 dead
15,000+ jab deaths and counting.
Yeah it isn't 700,000 but if you die from the jab you probably wish you you had not received it. (if you could still wish)
It still represents over 2% of the deaths of the virus ( and the numbers of vaccine injured, (many maybe permanently) is 10% of the Covid deaths, which we all know were vastly inflated.

Jan 9, 2004
I never said it was source for vaccine info ..just pointing out who Epoch Times bows too…who do you consider a fair media source?
..........And I never said you claimed it as a source for vaccine information.

I was just pointing out the fallacy of Wikipedia validating or invalidating other sources of information.

As to a fair media source, I concur with Bob above on CSMonitor and have said so numerous times over the years here when asked........and I would also add Reuters and AP;

Here is an excellent example of their work regarding vaccines;

So the same question is now posed back to you..................who do you consider a fair media source?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This

Bill. This is a highly optimistic forecast for the US. I can only see it happening if there is a solid lockdown of the US borders and lot more US citizens get vaccinated. I doubt this will happen. Australia’s major cities have been in lockdown for almost 300 days and can’t limit the spread of the Delta variant. New Zealand just admitted defeat after their strict lengthy lockdowns and have accepted the fact that they will have to live with Covid rather than eliminate it. We can‘t contain its spread in Canada, despite our best efforts. Even Israel, with its third booster shot regime is still experiencing new infections. Until the rest of the world is vaccinated, the US will never be free from new infections. The worst of the pandemic is certainly not behind the US or the world yet.

Eco
I understand what you say say.... but read a bit more into the article....

The high rates of disease and unvaccinated in the US can be a positive - it says...
Those afflicted carry immunity equal to or greater than those vaccinated,
therefore the total 'antibody' population could be very high... could be !

This is the possible explanation forn the drop in cases

Reactions: twoinsosua

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You have always treated me civilly Bob. My reference to insults was a general reference based on what I observed in the OT threads. I consider myself apolitical on most matters and, like you, I make the effort to read all sides. No one has a monopoly on the truth. The bottom line for me is the majority of the posts on contentious issues are pure speculation and I view them as such.

Enjoy your day. I envy you living full time in the DR with it’s warm climate. I’m still stuck here in Eastern Canada viewing weather forecasts with frost warnings. Not nice.
Actually I miss autumn, always was my favorite season with the change in weather and leaves changing colour and all the wildlife in the woods. The farmer in me misses digging up the potatoes and canning salmon....etc. Canadian winters I don't miss at all.

Reactions: Ecoman1949

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
..........And I never said you claimed it as a source for vaccine information.

I was just pointing out the fallacy of Wikipedia validating or invalidating other sources of information.

As to a fair media source, I concur with Bob above on CSMonitor and have said so numerous times over the years here when asked........and I would also add Reuters and AP;

Here is an excellent example of their work regarding vaccines;

So the same question is now posed back to you..................who do you consider a fair media source?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
My Wife..:cool:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Eco

The high rates of disease and unvaccinated in the US can be a positive - it says...

That could be the reason Bill but immunity obtained by those who had the disease had a tendency to wane over time according to some of the research. Also those affected by the original Covid may not have immunity to the Delta variant. I’d be pleased to see a decline in Covid everywhere including the US.

As you know herd immunity from those vaccinated and those infected and cured was thought to have the potential to control Covid infection. 80% herd immunity was the original target. The countries that came close to that are still dealing with breakout Delta infections from the unvaccinated and infections in vaccinated people. I’m not aware of the numbers of people that have been infected twice. I still think the article is a best guess.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Why waste time with these guys? Anyone can dig up nonsense on the Internet. They have the right to refuse the vaccine. And Airlines, Cruise Ships, Banks, Govt. Offices, Restaurants, etc. also have the right to REFUSE service or even hire these guys................................
The real world with businesses operating and the stock market reacting to covid 19.
And real employees and air passengers.
Get vaccinated or not, believe it's all a scam but real results can be seen and the impacts felt on our lives.

"Given the rate at which mutations have been recorded in the COVID-19 virus, we view continued global transmission as the primary driver behind the emergence of new variants. In turn, we see increased potential for these new variants to negatively impact global air travel demand," Spracklin wrote in a note to clients released Tuesday.
"As such, and until global vaccination rates meaningfully progress, we see the threat of new variants increasing the risk profile of (Air Canada) shares in the near term."
The latest statistics from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), an industry group which represents 290 airlines around the world including Air Canada and WestJet, show that the travel recovery stalled in August. IATA says the slowdown, which fell from July, was due to government restrictions imposed in response to the Delta variant.
Total global demand for air travel in August, as measured in revenue passenger kilometres, was down 56 per cent compared to August 2019, driven by a slowdown in domestic travel around the world. International demand also slowed, falling 69 per cent compared to August 2019 levels.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
That could be the reason Bill but immunity obtained by those who had the disease had a tendency to wane over time according to some of the research. Also those affected by the original Covid may not have immunity to the Delta variant. I’d be pleased to see a decline in Covid everywhere including the US.

As you know herd immunity from those vaccinated and those infected and cured was thought to have the potential to control Covid infection. 80% herd immunity was the original target. The countries that came close to that are still dealing with breakout Delta infections from the unvaccinated and infections in vaccinated people. I’m not aware of the numbers of people that have been infected twice. I still think the article is a best guess.

And most of the world is not vaccinated.

45.8% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
6.36 billion doses have been administered globally, and 22.93 million are now administered each day.
Only 2.3% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.​

Reactions: Ecoman1949

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
THIS JUST IN...
3 scientists working at Pfizer were actually caught on camera admitting that natural COVID antibodies are better than getting the COVID vaccines. They completely shot themselves in the foot with this one. All caught on camera .

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Eco

You're actually right about this. 3 Pfizer scientists literally admitted this behind closed doors and it was caught on camera.

Making their jabs worthless for those who have had COVID.
They would acknowledge this fact publicly if they werent all about the money.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
THIS JUST IN...
3 scientists working at Pfizer were actually caught on camera admitting that natural COVID antibodies are better than getting the COVID vaccines. They completely shot themselves in the foot with this one. All caught on camera .

So, we should all just get CV19 first to avoid the warp speed vaccines and then we will have better immunity.

Sounds good to me, how about to you?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The problem showing up with vaccines is reduced efficacy, on some. or all of them over time. As little as 6 months is showing a drop off in preventing disease.

If true for all vaccines, that means the world will never reach herd immunity. Never is a long time, so what then?

My thought is that since CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay, we will just have to live with the consequences.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
So, we should all just get CV19 first to avoid the warp speed vaccines and then we will have better immunity.

Sounds good to me, how about to you?
The question is how long does natural immunity last? I haven’t read anything to suggest it’s long term. I haven’t read anything to suggest they are not susceptible to reinfection from the Delta variant. Media outlets yesterday were announcing that a newly released study showed the Delta variant infection potential is 130% higher than the original Covid virus. Havent read anything regarding the Lambda variant and it’s infection potential.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The real world with businesses operating and the stock market reacting to covid 19.
And real employees and air passengers.
Get vaccinated or not, believe it's all a scam but real results can be seen and the impacts felt on our lives.

"Given the rate at which mutations have been recorded in the COVID-19 virus, we view continued global transmission as the primary driver behind the emergence of new variants. In turn, we see increased potential for these new variants to negatively impact global air travel demand," Spracklin wrote in a note to clients released Tuesday.
"As such, and until global vaccination rates meaningfully progress, we see the threat of new variants increasing the risk profile of (Air Canada) shares in the near term."
The latest statistics from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), an industry group which represents 290 airlines around the world including Air Canada and WestJet, show that the travel recovery stalled in August. IATA says the slowdown, which fell from July, was due to government restrictions imposed in response to the Delta variant.
Total global demand for air travel in August, as measured in revenue passenger kilometres, was down 56 per cent compared to August 2019, driven by a slowdown in domestic travel around the world. International demand also slowed, falling 69 per cent compared to August 2019 levels.
The Canadian government is announcing further vaccination requirements and proof for internal Canadian travel today. My big fear is our just re-elected Prime Minster will reinstate very expensive mandatory 3 day Covid hotel stays, even if we have both approved vaccinations. That would definitely put a damper on DR winter escapes for Canadians. SunWing is trying to defy the odds. They were the only Canadian airline that tried flying DR bound Canadians through the US and back when the Covid hotel requirements were in place.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The problem showing up with vaccines is reduced efficacy, on some. or all of them over time. As little as 6 months is showing a drop off in preventing disease.

If true for all vaccines, that means the world will never reach herd immunity. Never is a long time, so what then?

My thought is that since CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay, we will just have to live with the consequences.
The Prime Minister of New Zealand finally came to terms with this a few days ago. After she ordered very strict long term lockdowns, the Delta variant infections still spread very quickly. Her approach has changed from elimination of the virus to management of infections.

Australia, a country with the same initial approach that caused numerous push back riots and heavy handed police response is also changing their infection regime. More countries are accepting the fact that they have to open up, manage the infections, and let people get on with their lives.

I have no doubt certain restrictions will remain in place for international travellers but they can be managed.

Reactions: cavok and windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The question is how long does natural immunity last? I haven’t read anything to suggest it’s long term. I haven’t read anything to suggest they are not susceptible to reinfection from the Delta variant. Media outlets yesterday were announcing that a newly released study showed the Delta variant infection potential is 130% higher than the original Covid virus. Havent read anything regarding the Lambda variant and it’s infection potential.
In a few years we will know more on how long natural immunity lasts, or if any so-called booster shots help.
Or we could know in a 6 months if natural immunity only lasts for 6 months, in different age groups, etc., etc..

I mentioned from day one that the Wuhan Flu is here, there and everywhere to stay. I expected a resolution in 4 to 5 years from day one. All the details on vaccines, boosters and natural immunity and mutations is a work in progress that will take years to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.