Ralph Messana

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just found out Ralph Messana passed away yesterday. I knew him for many years and he was always a straight-shooting guy as well as a great guitar player.

RIP, Brother

Reactions: OldSkool

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Ralph was a good friend of mine and I saw Ralph during the pandemic for coffee several times. He had his Italian and Colombian coffee shipped in and we tried out the excellent coffee at his place before curfew. We would also run into each other at the different coffee places in and around Bella Vista Mall. His sister Francine is organizing a wake here in Santo Domingo. I can post about it here if anyone is interested in attending. After the wake in Santo Domingo, the family in the US brings Ralph home to them in NY for a service and a funeral mass at his sisters church. His sister posted about Ralph like many others have done on his FB page. She posted that Ralph was passionate and loved music, technology and food. Here in the DR he knew many in the music world and Ralph had many guitars in his apartment and his own music studio. He worked in sales with audio visual equipment and had many friends in that industry in the US and Lat Am. I was interested in those areas to but maybe more one of the food friends lol. I knew him since I first came here in 2005 and we tried out restaurants here for instance Argentinian and I met up with him a couple of times in Miami at Brazilian restaurants. I am very saddened by the passing of Ralph. A great guy. Rest in peace Ralph.

john boyter

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ralph was a good friend of mine and I saw Ralph during the pandemic for coffee several times. He had his Italian and Colombian coffee shipped in and we tried out the excellent coffee at his place before curfew. We would also run into each other at the different coffee places in and around Bella Vista Mall. His sister Francine is organizing a wake here in Santo Domingo. I can post about it here if anyone is interested in attending. After the wake in Santo Domingo, the family in the US brings Ralph home to them in NY for a service and a funeral mass at his sisters church. His sister posted about Ralph like many others have done on his FB page. She posted that Ralph was passionate and loved music, technology and food. Here in the DR he knew many in the music world and Ralph had many guitars in his apartment and his own music studio. He worked in sales with audio visual equipment and had many friends in that industry in the US and Lat Am. I was interested in those areas to but maybe more one of the food friends lol. I knew him since I first came here in 2005 and we tried out restaurants here for instance Argentinian and I met up with him a couple of times in Miami at Brazilian restaurants. I am very saddened by the passing of Ralph. A great guy. Rest in peace Ralph.

john boyter
Does he have more than 1 FB page? I haven't seen anything posted so far.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
That's the one. Nothing posted there since Nov 2019
I am copy pasting a post from Ralphs sister Francine from Ralphs facebook page;

“Thank you all for the outpouring of love and support during this difficult time. It has given me such comfort to read all your comments and posts in memory of Ralph. It warms my heart to hear how he made a small impact on so many people. He was my brother, my BIG brother, and i will miss him forever.
For all those who have asked or are interested, a wake service is being held:

Sunday, October 24th at 10 am
Funeraria Blandino
Av. Abraham Lincoln
Santo Domingo

Afterwards, we will bring Ralph home to NY.
I will post more when we finalize the details for the NY wake and Funeral Mass.

Thank you again 🙏🏻“

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Here is the facebook page again