Air Conditioner

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes it is new. It is a TGM with 9000 btu. I was concerned with the BTU but it makes the bedroom and living room cold, and it is hot as hell. Not sure what seer rating means, I'll look at the box
SEER rating has to do with efficiency. The higher the better for using less power.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What! You have to notice some differences on your electric bill. I'm looking into these units right now.
On an average day my wife and I use approx 7 to 8 KW in our place. if we turn on the AC at night ( master suite only) we burn 8 to 9 KW per day.
So call it 1.5 KW to run AC at an average of 14 peso per KW is 21 pesos per day or 651 pesos per month. That's $12 USD per month.
We don't like meat locker cold. we set it at 79F and keep in mind the thermostat is 7 feet off the ground and heat rises so it takes awhile for the cold air to get that high. Hope this helps. And its quieter that the ceiling fan.

Reactions: Andre14615

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was advised to buy TGM as they are common here and easy to get parts to fix
True. It only took about a month to get a fan motor for my TGM, which I purchased at Refripartes in Puerto Plata.

So take replacement parts availability with a "grain of salt"

Buck

Oct 22, 2019
I looked at Casa Supply website looks like home furnishings.
Anyone know name of place near roof tile place?
Anyone buy from Joteca or Refripartes recently with install?
Looks like in past everyone suggested TGM. Still the case?

You're at the right place, Marcel is your guy. And yes, Casa Supply builds great aluminum and synthetic wicker furniture. Marcel also sells TV's, fridges, cook tops and more.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Where is Conformatic located? Never heard of it. What was price and what is Sensibo?

Use google... I think they have branches in Santo Domingo , Santiago and Punta Cana .....and Puerto Rico ...

We got the special price they had on Instagram at the time ...you could find a difference between the price on their website and the sales price on Instagram ....5000 pesos difference sometimes...

Sensibo is a “Smart Home Air conditioner controller” ...for lazy techies like us ...it basically controls your air conditioner based on time , temperature, commands via phone or voice ..etc ...saves a lot of energy when used correctly...google it.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Wife just said that Confomatic is on airesairmax .com so you could try that ...the installers seem to be subcontractors ...so make sure they do the installation to your satisfaction....a neighbor just left them to it and had issues ....I followed them around to make sure that they did the installation correctly and got my money’s worth.

rhanson1

Feb 23, 2012
Does anybody sell any brand of inverter mini split AC's with more than a 1-year warranty in this country? I notice that the warranty on TGM units is 10 years for all parts in Florida but the warranty for the exact same units here in the DR is apparently only 1 year. Makes no sense to me.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I bought a TGM 12,000 BTU for one of the bedrooms here in Santiago.

The unit is a 21 SEER inverter with a remote control/thermostat.

It was RD$ 25,000 plus itbis and install was as follows:

1,848 alambre (wires)
1,000 palometa (brackets)
2,0000. Tuberías (pipes)
3,000. Labor

I asked to have the unit installed off the floor in the roof, instead of the side wall next to room. Also had it installed with brackets that allows maintenance to take place, therefore a large seating offset from the interior parapet atop the roof. Exposed wires and pipes were insulated against the elements and high thermal protection vs direct sunlight/radiant heat.

Had the unit bathed from install with WD-40. This to avoid rusting overtime.

It’s set at 76 F at nights only. In the energy saving mode always.

Tracking the energy it consumes a month, it peaks at 1 Kwh daily. So about RD$ 132.00 monthly.

It has a warranty, will check to post how long for.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Does anybody sell any brand of inverter mini split AC's with more than a 1-year warranty in this country? I notice that the warranty on TGM units is 10 years for all parts in Florida but the warranty for the exact same units here in the DR is apparently only 1 year. Makes no sense to me.

Ask the company where you'll buy from for extanding the warranty. Corripio for example do this for 2 to 5 years with an extra cost.

Silver Star

Jan 12, 2022
Santo Domingo
Just looked at my Samsung, and it says digital inverter.. anyway works great and of course came from pricemart
Is your Samsung still running well? I'm looking to buy 2 AC split units, for bedrooms, and the Samsung models at Pricemart seem to be what I'm looking for (relatively affordable, efficient, etcetera).

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Is your Samsung still running well? I'm looking to buy 2 AC split units, for bedrooms, and the Samsung models at Pricemart seem to be what I'm looking for (relatively affordable, efficient, etcetera).
Yes running well...wasnt sure last summer, but the problem was the person who installed it..coolant leaked out because the line wasnt tight enought... bought mine at pricemart also...low cost to run, 15000 btu almost to big for my master bedroom..........