Trujillo’s House on Playa Najayo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Do you think there are more rapes, murder and thefts now or when Trujillo was in power?
I know you tend to have a blue collar take on stuff, but are you aware of the atrocities this man committed against his own people?? I don't understand your point. I'm talking about a national leader committing these acts and you're babbling about the crime rate today?

You have your take, i have mine. If you want to passively support a rapist dictator i will en my participation with this. It's miller time Cristo!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know you tend to have a blue collar take on stuff, but are you aware of the atrocities this man committed against his own people?? I don't understand your point. I'm talking about a national leader committing these acts and you're babbling about the crime rate today?

You have your take, i have mine. If you want to passively support a rapist dictator i will en my participation with this. It's miller time Cristo!
I do not passively support any rapist regardless of whether or not he/she or shim was a dictator, I was simply proving my point.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I do not passively support any rapist regardless of whether or not he/she or shim was a dictator, I was simply proving my point.
Then I must say I don't know what that point is. A brief summary of how we arrived at this point: a member i think sanpedro asked a question to another member if their husband had "supported" Trujillo. I was shocked at the notion of anyone supporting or condoning the behavior of a murdering rapist dictator in the name of "well we sure had law and order". Now different strokes for different folks, but Im not the kind of guy that would condone the methods of such a man just because I could leave my door unlocked at night.

At any rate, carry on. I may send out for Bon since it's their anniversary and i do enjoy their ice cream cakes. I score points with my kids too.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The point is that he wasn't a rapist, though he did ordered the torture and killings of some people plus stole/expropiated property throughout the country.

According to his daughter which still lives in Miami, Fl; one day she reprimanded him when she found out of his sexual adventures. Afterwards she became more understanding of the many women that sexually offered themselves to him, many doing the inuendo right in front of her. They had no respects for anybody except his wife, but she was known to have quite a character.

Believe it or not, plenty fathers considered an honor to offer their daughters to him.

Except for the fathers offering their daughters, many Dominicans today would probably go through a similar shock considering how rife cheating is in the country, Many men even have multiple families and the women know each other or at least are aware of the others existence. One man having children from multiple women. Etc, etc, etc. There is a reason why most Dominican households are with single parent, usually single mothers.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The point is that he wasn't a rapist, though he did ordered the torture and killings of some people plus stole/expropiated property throughout the country.

According to his daughter which still lives in Miami, Fl; one day she reprimanded him when she found out of his sexual adventures. Afterwards she became more understanding of the many women that sexually offered themselves to him, many doing the inuendo right in front of her. They had no respects for anybody except his wife, but she was known to have quite a character.

Believe it or not, plenty fathers considered an honor to offer their daughters to him.

Except for the fathers offering their daughters, many Dominicans today would probably go through a similar shock considering how rife cheating is in the country, Many men even have multiple families and the women know each other or at least are aware of the others existence. One man having children from multiple women. Etc, etc, etc. There is a reason why most Dominican households are with single parent, usually single mothers.
Normal behavior at this point. Modern day Dominican culture.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I had to look it up....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Moca,_Santo_Domingo

From 1805:
"The Haitian (troops) entered the city like a fury of hell, cutting their throats sword in hand, trampling everything they found, and making blood run everywhere. Imagine what would be the consternation, terror and fright that that neighborhood, so neglected, fell silent for a moment, in view of similar events, when almost everyone was gathered in the main church, with their pastor imploring divine help, while it represented on the altar the sacrifice of our Redemption, and in readiness to receive communion, as one of the days of the year in which, by custom, even those in the country came to fulfill the annual precept. The throng of women fleeing without knowing where. The screams of children and the elderly who came out of their houses in terror. The ecclesiastical confused in the midst of those who asked him for comfort." – de Arredondo y Pichardo.

And then:
This massacre has been linked to the 1937 massacre in the Dominican Republic, and is seen as a contributor to the events that culminated during the regime of the future president Rafael Leónidas Trujillo to order that massacre.

And I thought I carry grudges too long.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had to look it up....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Moca,_Santo_Domingo

From 1805:
"The Haitian (troops) entered the city like a fury of hell, cutting their throats sword in hand, trampling everything they found, and making blood run everywhere. Imagine what would be the consternation, terror and fright that that neighborhood, so neglected, fell silent for a moment, in view of similar events, when almost everyone was gathered in the main church, with their pastor imploring divine help, while it represented on the altar the sacrifice of our Redemption, and in readiness to receive communion, as one of the days of the year in which, by custom, even those in the country came to fulfill the annual precept. The throng of women fleeing without knowing where. The screams of children and the elderly who came out of their houses in terror. The ecclesiastical confused in the midst of those who asked him for comfort." – de Arredondo y Pichardo.

And then:
This massacre has been linked to the 1937 massacre in the Dominican Republic, and is seen as a contributor to the events that culminated during the regime of the future president Rafael Leónidas Trujillo to order that massacre.

And I thought I carry grudges too long.
In Yugoslavia they carry them for over a 1000 years.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
"The point is that he wasn't a rapist."

He wasn't a rapist? Then I don't know what the definition of a rapist is.
Dominican families, who are friends, might disagree.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
What are you saying Carlos? What my reaction was about is that Ole Leo was a rapist and murderer. Did he not have minors sought out for his own personal pleasure? Maybe many liked the "law and order", but not in the name of all the young girls violated and untold murders/assinations ordered out of the mouth of a ruthless dictator that terrorized this country for many many years. IMO.

Adding and i was replying to user SanPedro who asked if they were supportive of him. Not replying to AE

I thought my reply was clear.

Many people felt safer. Stating that fact does not make anyone a fan of Trujillo.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes, and his main supporter was the United States................
I don't know about that, only what was in the news back then. My statements reflects the opinions and emotional component of the Dominicans i have had in my life the past 18 years. I'll end it here. Time to work!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
1654083514424.png

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
These pics are very nice. They do not change my opinion nor the opinions if the Dominicans I know. Many folks have lined up behind dictators. Mostly out of fear. And always remember what Sun Tzu said Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. The US was not running a popularity contest with Leo.

• Angry
Reactions: Tamborista

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Wow so in essence he was the founder of sister wives show ..:censored: