Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Why don't we settle this. Let's all reply with one final post which is your take on the situation with the shanty owners etc. One post from everyone. That's all we need, then we have each member's opinion well documented one last time. Then we close this sad old song. We can end the pain together. We can all get on with other important life items like our therapeutic enemas, submitting Medicare b claims, and chasing chicas! Sometimes it takes a village.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Why don't we settle this. Let's all reply with one final post which is your take on the situation with the shanty owners etc. One post from everyone. That's all we need, then we have each member's opinion well documented one last time. Then we close this sad old song. We can end the pain together. We can all get on with other important life items like our therapeutic enemas, submitting Medicare b claims, and chasing chicas! Sometimes it takes a village.
Ok. You're next. I've already posted mine.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have a dream
That Sousa beach will be judged by quality of the beach instead of the nature of the ambiance. 🤪
Fat chance that is going to happen in DR1

But what I really hope is all those talking about their desire for the improved developments on Sosua beach actually contribute more than the their two pesos worth they are putting up here. 🤑 After the beach improvements are completed. Help out all those rich Dominicans with their passive income while getting hosed with tourist prices.😂

But even more curious to me is...that in a town with two other beaches, why there is almost obsessive focus on Sosua Beach.
There is Alisha Beach
There is Playa Chiquita

In fact the Dominican Republic is FULL of beaches.
So, please don't hate if my give a care factor for those who do not like the ambiance of the Sosua beach is low.
Lots of other places to go people.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
The other day David Collado posted this video on his Instagram:
It includes an image showing what looks like significant development (and significantly less trees). And for the people who don't typically use Instagram, just click on the video to pause.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
About DR1.com

News and forums on everything you need to know on the Dominican Republic. Since 1997, DR1 has been covering the Dominican Republic in English. We invite you to collaborate in adding valuable content. You can contribute and play a key role in helping people connect, enjoy and be productive in the Dominican Republic.

Maybe someone didn't get the memo?
Can we say improvement in internal communications?
🤪

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
About DR1.com

News and forums on everything you need to know on the Dominican Republic. Since 1997, DR1 has been covering the Dominican Republic in English. We invite you to collaborate in adding valuable content. You can contribute and play a key role in helping people connect, enjoy and be productive in the Dominican Republic.

🤪

The next time I need a defense lawyer you should expect a call!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
About DR1.com

🤪

That explains it. The same invite that everyone gets. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Can't wait for the bulldozers. Let's start a fresh new chapter for Sosua, a family environment. Hopefully they'll finally have good food and ambiance on dirt shanty row. Everyone moves on.
The families carrot is worn out from over use during the working girls movement.
You need to come up with another wonderful benefit resulting from the fabulous new plan that no one, other than you, knows the first thing about.
Interesting how you support the unknown.
If this plan was worth a damn there would be no need of secrecy and the ongoing pr campaign.

Reactions: ramesses

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ycould post a weekly photo update of goings ons, vendor interviews, etc. At least then we'd have some fresh content to remark on?
I guess i understated my position. They could drop an a-bomb on that dirty shanty beach. Nothing would be missed. Remember how it used to be is the lowest form of conversation.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The guy with the whiskey and rum youtube channel just posted in one of his videos that he has seen three different renderings of the new developments.

I personally don't patronize locations and business I consider tourist traps or that are focused on tourists. By that I mean, places that charge first world prices for third world products and services. Given the amount of money being invested in to the project and the plaza, I doubt if the cost per square foot for rental will support business charging prices considered reasonable by those of us who not like getting hosed like the tourists visiting the 🇩🇴

The people that get the moral confused with the business have me laughing.
This is business...pure and simple and it has nothing to do with "ambience".
A mafia like power move that will result in a long term money grab.

For those unfamiliar with nuclear weapons:
"the smallest nuclear bomb in the world, it is very powerful. When it exploded, all life in a radius of 5 kilometers was obliterated, and high-rise buildings within 600 meters could be dust. After the explosion, the nuclear radiation range could reach 10 kilometers making that place unable to conduct commercial operations."

No dog in the fight.
But I doubt even the biggest hater of the the ambience of Sosua beach would not recommend such a thing...or would they⁉️

Status
Not open for further replies.