The Empire Strikes Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
How exactly? Can you please expound? On which law exactly do you base your conclusion? I've posted a few news articles that demonstrate that the agents were justify. No one was killed, maimed or physically harmed. There were 21 illegals there and one person had 15 passports on him plus some money. Also remember the supposed consul has no diplomatic authority since he was already discharged from his consular duties when the raid occurred. James Jacques is nothing more than a poser instigator that was lucky the agents didn't arrest him for obstruction. Here is Listin Diario also corroborating the event.
I could but am choosing not to. It's like a joke, if you have to explain it... you're wasting your breath ;)

• Sad
Reactions: bob saunders

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I guess if i was a high roller like yourself i could wave my hand at the pests as well. A pest carries a certain connotation. What about other wealthy folks up there in the Farallones that are overstayers snowbirds. Are they pests? Is a pest an annoyance by your definition? Are overstayers dirty, annoyances that feed off of bugs and garbage? How do you call other humans pests W? I'm surprised at your position here. I agree that folks with significant assets should probably assure legal status, but you're unnecessarily insulting normal/regular folks.
You make a few large assumptions there Hijo = to bolster your argument

If only those assumptions were correct.....
but your base is false.....

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
...Overstayers are like fleas on an elephant here..... just pests, not worth troubling the gov't
That's not your usual style. Kinda ugly and unfair statement

Somebody is up on his high horse these days.
lol.
Ever hear of a simple little thing like a simile?
A rhetorical device employed to make a point seem clearer and easier to understand?
Hah.
Oh and by the way...
I wasn't suggesting that Mangu was actually riding atop a real high horse.
Neigh.
It was just a figure of speech.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Somebody is up on his high horse these days.
lol.
Ever hear of a simple little thing like a simile?
A rhetorical device employed to make a point seem clearer and easier to understand?
Hah.
Oh and by the way...
I wasn't suggesting that Mangu was actually riding atop a real high horse.
Neigh.
It was just a figure of speech.
W is a big boy Fly.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Your american friend is not the first I've heard of being detained for lack of poof of legal status. It is a common occurrence but since the squeaky wheel gets the grease, we are bombarded by whining accounts of unfair haitian detainment. Cry me a river!

It is recommended to carry proof of legal migratory status at all times. A copy will do most of the time but if the agent is not comfortable with you for any reason he might ask for the original. That is ok because since you are carrying a copy the agent will be more prone to help you produce the original.

A good trick is to email yourself a photo of your passport and entry stamp ASAP after you arrive. If you forget the copy, like in the case of your friend, you can access email from anywhere and retrieve it.
Well, in fairness to imigration there are literally thousands upon thousands of illegal Haitians, in comparison to the couple hundred illegal gringo tourists.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well, in fairness to imigration there are literally thousands upon thousands of illegal Haitians, in comparison to the couple hundred illegal gringo tourists.
Haitians take jobs and money from Dominicans, Gringos put money in the pockets of Dominicans. It will NEVER change as far as Migracion goes.......................

Reactions: NotLurking

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Dominican Republic re Haiti.. one the most racist (not that dominicans care a hoot) countries on the planet…right next to Germany of the 30s.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Haitians take jobs and money from Dominicans, Gringos put money in the pockets of Dominicans. It will NEVER change as far as Migracion goes.......................
I don't believe that there are many Dominicans who want to do the jobs that Haitians do here, such as working on construction sites, agriculture and waste collection - all in the baking sun.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don't believe that there are many Dominicans who want to do the jobs that Haitians do here, such as working on construction sites, agriculture and waste collection - all in the baking sun.
Everyone working the garbage trucks in Jarabacoa is Dominican, and about half the construction workers are Dominicans, probably a smaller percentage but still quite a few Dominicans working in agriculture. Giant greenhouses here are about half and half.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Dominican Republic re Haiti.. one the most racist (not that dominicans care a hoot) countries on the planet…right next to Germany of the 30s.
There are several reasons both historic and current some Dominicans feel a certain way about Haitians but I do not believe racism is one of them.

Reactions: NotLurking
Status
Not open for further replies.