Woman charged with fraudulent sale of cryptocurrencies is remanded in custody

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Sarah-Rodriguez-Diaz-criptomoneda-Diario-Libre-e1660824330237.png

Judge Bienvenido Liz of the Judicial Office of Permanent Attention Services of Santiago imposed three months of preventive detention against Sarah Rodriguez Diaz. She is accused of defrauding dozens of people out of more than RD$50 million with the fraudulent sale of cryptocurrencies.

Magistrate Liz, who also declared the case complex, sent Sarah Rodriguez Diaz to serve the sentence at the Rafey Mujeres Correction and Rehabilitation Center in Santiago.

The Public Prosecutor’s Office accuses the woman of using numerous strategies to attract clients, whom she convinced to make bank and cash deposits, in pesos and in dollars.

The investigations indicate that Sarah Rodriguez showed off her apparent buoyant economic situation to encourage others to do like her and earn in the thousands of dollars by investing in cryptocurrency through Black Box...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A perfect example of investing in something that you don't understand. I wonder if the that people invested 50 million understood what the "investment" was all about. Warren Buffet said -If I don't understand a business, what they do, I don't invest in it. I'm not ashamed to say, I never really understood crypto mania

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
A perfect example of investing in something that you don't understand. I wonder if the that people invested 50 million understood what the "investment" was all about. Warren Buffet said -If I don't understand a business, what they do, I don't invest in it. I'm not ashamed to say, I never really understood crypto mania
You do not understand it because it does not make any sense. The very first crypto was all smoke and mirrors and then they invented 1582 more of them.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
A perfeect example of investing in something that you don't understand. I wonder if the that people invested 50 million understood what the "investment" was all about. Warren Buffet said -If I don't understand a business, what they do, I don't invest in it. I'm not ashamed to say, I never really understood crypto mania
I can't believe how many people don't think twice before giving money to a "witch", a pastor, or taking up a business offer like this.

Reactions: Lucifer and johne
Jan 9, 2004
I can't believe how many people don't think twice before giving money to a "witch", a pastor, or taking up a business offer like this.
Millions..........with 150,000 alone in the DR in this example;

It circulated like wildfire in the DR, particularly among such diverse groups as the evangelicals and money launderers.

That having been said, crypto currency may have a future..............but not until it is regulated. Until then...................Caveat Emptor.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
As long as greed exists there will be people around to take advantage of it.

Crimminals steal fiat currency also.
People get taken with fiat currency also.
Fraud is not unique to crypto.

Warren Buffet didn't understand AAPL also.
Now it is one of his largest holdings.

BTC and ETH are the Coke and Pepsi of the crypto world.
Bitcoin launched in 2009.
I ask the doubters...how much money do you have now if you invested 10,000 USD back then?

Digital Gold or Digital Securities
Take your pick.
Either way they are here to stay.
And just like securities fraud and fraud involving real fiat currencies you must always
Protect yo neck ‼️

Reactions: Aguaita29

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This case is an example of what can be consider the Crypto ponzi scheme.
As a crypto investor I get offers from many to invest in "black block" type trading operations with "guaranteed" returns.
We all know exactly what is certain in life.

When it comes to crypto
Not your key
Not your crypto...