Worrying Security Failure in Punta Cana Airport

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
But it won't help, this all happened AFTER she had checked in. I had a friend who worked in PUJ and he has told me of some seriously seriously dodgy stuff that happens there. But my lips are sealed.

58kg of drugs do not shows up magically inside an airport, its a big chain with people in all levels, and we can only pray and ask not to be the lucky one, thinking on how many people they did the same before and now they are in jail. I Had to go to PUJ to take a flight to Canada and everty time I traveled they always pick me up for questioning me and check my passport, and traveling from La Romana they took me to the room, I see that I was lucky. Only good thing of all of this is that now every body knows and hopefully the camaras will count now to confirm if you arrived with the suitcase or not.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If they really wanted to catch ALL the Perps ,they would have allowed the Drugs or at least the Fake tagged bags with NO Drugs to go all the way to their final Destination, and then busted the Guilty on Both Sides .

Seems like they were tipped off, and this Poor Woman who did absolutely NOTHING at all , suffered the price for it all .
Plus the Flunkie who printed the tags , I imagine he is pretty LOW level with respect to his involvement.

Reactions: cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If they really wanted to catch ALL the Perps ,they would have allowed the Drugs or at least the Fake tagged bags with NO Drugs to go all the way to their final Destination, and then busted the Guilty on Both Sides .

Seems like they were tipped off, and this Poor Woman who did absolutely NOTHING at all , suffered the price for it all .
Plus the Flunkie who printed the tags , I imagine he is pretty LOW level with respect to his involvement.

My own view on this is that we all know that there are vast quantities of drugs which are shipped through Dom Rep every year, some 400 tons of coke is the estimate. And it's hard to think that a good proportion of this flow doesn't go through the busiest airport in the Caribbean, PUJ, with 8M passengers a year. Easy to slip an odd container into a plane with that much activity happening. When you think about it, you often read about drugs being busted when they are on their way INTO DR, but you hardly ever hear about drug busts when they are LEAVING the country, except these relatively small amounts. I don't think I've ever heard of DNCD finding 1 ton of coke on a plane, but there must clearly be planes leaving with 1 ton of coke on board. The serious stuff must be extremely well organised and with involvement from very very important people.

So in the grand scheme of things, 58kg is small change and I would bet that this is a small-time gang who have now seriously p'd off the big boys, have been found out and will face dire consequences. All pure guessing and speculation on my part.

Reactions: jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My own view on this is that we all know that there are vast quantities of drugs which are shipped through Dom Rep every year, some 400 tons of coke is the estimate. And it's hard to think that a good proportion of this flow doesn't go through the busiest airport in the Caribbean, PUJ, with 8M passengers a year. Easy to slip an odd container into a plane with that much activity happening. When you think about it, you often read about drugs being busted when they are on their way INTO DR, but you hardly ever hear about drug busts when they are LEAVING the country, except these relatively small amounts. I don't think I've ever heard of DNCD finding 1 ton of coke on a plane, but there must clearly be planes leaving with 1 ton of coke on board. The serious stuff must be extremely well organised and with involvement from very very important people.

So in the grand scheme of things, 58kg is small change and I would bet that this is a small-time gang who have now seriously p'd off the big boys, have been found out and will face dire consequences. All pure guessing and speculation on my part.
Well it has a street value of almost $2 million
Probably the cost to the traffickers in DR was half that so someone lost a valuable load even though it was not a ton