Who's got an air fryer?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
NO, Clean it often, (Drain the Oil, and then soak in Soapy water ) use it as intended .. its awesome .
No Alum Foil, no liner . the bottom is slotted for a reason to get the air to circulate properly .

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
NO, Clean it often, (Drain the Oil, and then soak in Soapy water ) use it as intended .. its awesome .
No Alum Foil, no liner . the bottom is slotted for a reason to get the air to circulate properly .
Better question is , does it Jolt the hydro/electric bill there , using an air fryer?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Better question is , does it Jolt the hydro/electric bill there , using an air fryer?
That was my next question. 20 minutes of an electric coil heating up has gotta make a dent.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
That was my next question. 20 minutes of an electric coil heating up has gotta make a dent.
You do not really need to heat up an air fryer if you have a good one. They are good , just curious to know if I'm looking at 100$ USA increase on the bill after a week of use? meaning use it 2-3 times in a week .

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Drain the Oil :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , is that not a known fact? If they did not know that , I hope they don't own a restaurant lol

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You do not really need to heat up an air fryer if you have a good one. They are good , just curious to know if I'm looking at 100$ USA increase on the bill after a week of use? meaning use it 2-3 times in a week .

I would say it would be no more than a TOASTER in Electricity usage , because you can hear the Heat Coil cycling on and off . and certainly less than if you heated up a Whole Electric Oven .

Reactions: Big

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We have a Ninja dual basket 6 function air fryer ( it works great). We use it once or twice a week with no noticeable change to the electric. Keep in mind if you are using an air fryer you are probably not using another appliance at that time so it's a wash.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
if one has to worry about the cost of power for a airfryer, he has much bigger problems.
that's presumptuous, but to entertain your in the box thinking, the inquiry was made out of curiosity.

"That's why some of us get to the moon while others just look up at it" - Neil Armstrong

Big

Apr 24, 2019
that's presumptuous, but to entertain your in the box thinking, the inquiry was made out of curiosity.

"That's why some of us get to the moon while others just look up at it" - Neil Armstrong
Lou, you really opened my eyes. Thanks. I see the entire world differently now.

Reactions: jd426

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm on the fence about buying one and wondered if I should order a pack of liners at the same time.

I'll probably use it once a week at most.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I like the liners, makes cleaning a bit easier IMO. It is really good for reheating things like fries, chicken wings, etc... Only I do not use mine as much as I thought I would.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If you can wait till I come back down I’ll give you mine. Used exactly once. Not my cup of tea.
Cool!! Thanks AE.

The oil free cooking is what got my attention. I've got a couple of bags of onion rings, yuca fries, tater tots and some seafood things I want be able to cook.

Must be a lot of people that don't like them; they are all over FB marketplace.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Cool!! Thanks AE.

The oil free cooking is what got my attention. I've got a couple of bags of onion rings, yuca fries, tater tots and some seafood things I want be able to cook.

Must be a lot of people that don't like them; they are all over FB marketplace.

My daughter says she can’t live without hers. I don’t get it, just cluttering the counter.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
My daughter says she can’t live without hers. I don’t get it, just cluttering the counter.
They look like they're pretty big. I've got a miniature counter in my kitchen but a shelf unit on the wall.