100% this. Last month they changed their Bancanet (both for business and personal banking) and it was a mess in terms of communication and customer service. I'm rethinking my options on keeping with them.
Update (11:20pm) @NALs
- 8 deaths (and counting on the collapse of the tunnel at the Máximo Gómez and 27 de Febrero:
- Santo Domingo Oeste main avenues like Isabela Aguiar, transformed into rivers. The southwest side of the Distrito (Avenida Independencia, El 12, Haina)
- Plaza de la...
Please note: this season, Licey online ticketing system flopped and they're doing it manually. You have to go to the stadium and buy it from them. Go early as you mentioned, @Bananas1, because it's a chaos (especially on those dates because you're already in the middle of the season and when...
KFC is a mastodon in the country. So far, their growth has been with low prices and affordable specials (with average meals around 7-15USD) since post-covid (they were one of the few franchises that didn't struggle during covid times) ... but their quality has been a downturn for many Dominicans...
Their price range puts them in the "luxury pica pollo" side for now. They're more expensive than KFC, Pollo Rey and Victorina combined
Current pica pollo prices (as of 10/15) for 8-9 piece combo (prices in pesos)
- Popeyes 1,495
- KFC 1,299
That's why they're deploying this only in upscale areas in Santo Domingo (where security concerns aren't of a issue). As they mentioned, the system only works at Lope de Vega and soon, Churchill Ave.
It's the same with their delivery service. Not all sirena and Pola stores have their dedicated...
The Ministerio Público calls it Operacion Buho (Operation Owl):
- Executives used customer's savings for money laundering
- Board members pocketed every penny from customers or transferring it to other businesses
- Some executives even used a pyramid scheme to fake accounts/clients asking for...
For example, Almacenes Unidos opened in Punta Cana days ago. Its first store outside of Santo Domingo. Before that, people in Punta Cana used to drive 5-6 hours to SDQ just to buy things from that specific store. That's, I guess, is progress.
The "Marbete Season" as I call it, usually begins from Oct 15-18th onwards Jan.
This year is kinda weird. They haven't announced anything on newspapers and the rest of the media.
DGII is usually very disciplined promoting the season days prior the renewal process.
Stay tuned next week or the 15th.
In the interview he states that this roadmap will be in different phases:
- Q4 2023: Bidding contractors
- Q4 2024: New plates with QR codes
- Somewhere 2025: camera tickets
That's my interpretation of what he said on video.
Also, he mentions that the database (drivers, insurance companies...
More details about her:
- She previously lobbied for the Rum industry
- Member from the DR-American business chamber on legal aspects
- Heavy background on corporate/gov affairs
Hugo Beras, the INTRANT director with a new (weird) update about the front plates:
- Next month the institution will place a public bid for the company(ies) will provide the service
- Old plates will be fully replaced with the new ones
- The system will work with front and rear plates