Look out Aunt Clara!! It's Hillbilly!!

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Better check your rearview mirror Aunt Clara. Here comes Hillbilly. Was reading through Saturday's ListaRD this morning and got to the end where they publish a recipe and lo' and behold they had chosen the "estimado Hillbilly's" recipe for ara?itas y arepitas de yuca. Looks yummy. And easy, which is always important for me. Thanks for the recipe.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ah, the multi-faceted HB....Well, that was just one contribution to that wonderful book. Definately the best modern cookbook on DR cuisine...Buy it...worth every penny...

Not to worry, Aunt Clara and Aunt Ilana are great writers...

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
That video is about as far as you could get from Aunt Clara & Aunt Ilana AKA Pib & Chirimoya.........:)

I would, if I were you mike 1, stay a safe distance from Punta Cana....:cheeky:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
That video is about as far as you could get from Aunt Clara & Aunt Ilana AKA Pib & Chirimoya.........:)

I would, if I were you mike 1, stay a safe distance from Punta Cana....:cheeky:

Never take me seriously, I was actually trying to find a video of Aunt Clara from the old TV show called " Bewitched "

Stay humourous my friends and always....

Laugh every day, that's what I say.

Gee

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Besides the fact that I love banjos, I though it was very funny....and I am sure Clara would laugh at it too....as would Chirimoya....

With that kind of good humor you will be most welcome in Punta Cana, I assure you...

Now, go buy the cookbook, if it is available...

HB

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
Had no idea!

Hilbilly's recipe for the arepitas are absolutely delicious. Found the recipe on Aunt Clara's site months ago and I've made them quite a few times. I've always tried to copy my mother-in-laws recipe but they never seem to come out as good as hers. Not sure why. Anyway, I stumbled across this post this morning - had no idea that Hillbilly mentioned on the recipe and the Hillbilly here were one and the same! ( I know, duh...) Just another reason I LOVE DR1.com!:cheeky: