Cedula: Obtaining and Renewing

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The website of the Junta Central Electoral listing the requirements for obtaining or renewing cedulas by foreigners, both adults and minors, is here:

JCE > C?dulas > C?dula para extranjeros

Address and Phone number of the JCE center that foreigners must use for cedulas:

Centro de extranjer?a
Av. 27 de Febrero con Ave. Luperon,
809-539-5419 Ext. 2285

Moderator, you may want to make this a sticky.

Ken

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Renewed my cedula and was very impressed with how quickly and smoothly it was done. 5 years ago when I got the cedula I just renewed, there were too many employees doing nothing, and the process was slower than today. This morning there was not the excess staff, and each person worked efficiently. 20 minutes max and I had my new cedula.

The office is now in a different location than it was 5 years ago. Then, you turned into the drive leading to the parking area for the Junta Electoral. Now their is a separate building for foreigners. Drive past the front of the Junta Electoral and pass one cross street. On the corner is a big warehouse type building at least partially blue. Just past it, on same street as the front of the Junta Electoral, is a building of the same color as the Junta Electoral. There is a Dominican flag flying in front of the building. Go in the main entrance and up the stairs. The office on the 2nd floor is at the top of the stairs.

My new cedula is good until my birthday in 2016.

You must have your passport, your present cedula, and your residency card. They check via computer to be sure the residency card is valid. If you don?t have proof of residency, no cedula.

The charge is RD$1,200

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Thanks Lambada! I was just curious. I have just done a change of address on my UK driving lisence and they used the same photo, I don't look much like it anymore LOL

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The last time I renewed my residency and cedula they used the old photo on my residency card and a new one on my cedula! I look like 2 different people, go figure!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
That's not a problem for guys like us Ken, We're maturing gracefully and just getting better looking! LOL

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I have been told that you cannot renew your cedula until after your birthday on the year of expiration - is that correct?

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Are there exceptions to paying the over stay fee, I am a teacher working at a mission school and am here with wife and 3 kids?