Rebar

LukeTCU

Jan 26, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know a good source for rebar in the Dominican Republic? I understand that their are two different manufacturers but I understand that traders have the best prices. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Luke
Luke_Walker@verizon.net

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that Metaldom is the major, perhaps only, manufacturer..You will probably have to fight to get some...
I understand that Huascar Rodriguez (r.i.p.) got pi$$ed off at them and bought Russian rebar for his hotel project in Santiago. Told the Vicinis to go ***k themselves and bought a boatload of rebar...then dumped the excess on the market....

I guess you can do that when you have billions...

HB

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I think that Metaldom is the major, perhaps only, manufacturer..You will probably have to fight to get some...
I understand that Huascar Rodriguez (r.i.p.) got pi$$ed off at them and bought Russian rebar for his hotel project in Santiago. Told the Vicinis to go ***k themselves and bought a boatload of rebar...then dumped the excess on the market....

I guess you can do that when you have billions...

HB

Industriales Nacionales CxA (INCA) also are large producers of rebar at their plant around Km22 on the Duarte Highway out of SD.
Bryan

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good to know. Do the recycle scrap like Metaldom? And more importantly, do they have excess production for sale. I imagine that Ochoa and the major building suppliers have contracts for a lot of their production.

HB