Nfusion Solaris and Nova's satellite boxes working again

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It's only a band aid solution and another money grab. The NFusion server is still down....going on 8 weeks. The fix is not being recommended by any of the trusted FTA forum sites.

If you do try it, please give us some feedback.

Feb 7, 2007
Please point me towards the info, i haven't found anything on dummychat about this (maybe I didn't look hard enough).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
man, the page still shows all servers are down but i will connect and tell you what's the outcome. fingers crossed.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
all I've found so far is a private server access here http://www.nfusionprivateserver.com/

Has anyone tried it?

I have NfusionHD and I read the forums every day waiting for an answer to SUNS, but it's not looking good. The naysayers are getting louder!

Feb 7, 2007
I know that on DummyChat people were discussing private IKS servers, and that there were some options for old Nova's, but it was not recommended for Solaris/Phoenix/HD, because by doing that it would be practically impossible to revert to the "original" third-party IKS (when, and if, they get back up), once the fourth-party IKS was installed.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I was told this fix only works for Solaris and Nova, not for the Nvuendo (spelling?) HD receivers. My Solaris has been working good for almost a week now, I am supposed to get the Nova back from Sto Dgo today. If you PM me, I can give you my contact who has contact in Sto Dgo.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There is some kind of 'European' aspect to this, not sure if that helps. But I actually have to change screen format to 4:3, to get the right picture, if I turn off the receiver for whatever reason.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I am pretty sure its not just a software update, since they insisted that the receiver has to be sent to Santo Domingo for the 'fix.' Both of my satellite guys said the same thing.

Feb 7, 2007
I am pretty sure its not just a software update, since they insisted that the receiver has to be sent to Santo Domingo for the 'fix.' Both of my satellite guys said the same thing.

Hmm... according to this website, offering fix, http://www.nfusionprivateserver.com/ it's a software you load on ... and they accept money from worldwide, so i don't think people from e.g. mexico would send their Solaris for a "fix" to DR. Maybe there are several 'fixes" available ...

they offer the following subscriptions: $96 / year; or $60 / 6 months; or $40 / 3 months

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well I assumed its not a software fix since the box had to go to Sto Dgo, normally software fixes are done via lap top at my house.

But what do I know, I am technically illiterate when it comes to this stuff.

Maybe, they dont want to give out the software to the technicians.

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
any recent news on the nfusion solaris back working. Im just the guy who should have just gone the claro route rather than saving a buck for more channels. So far have gone through 4 cable boxes avergae 3000dr each, then the satelite nfusion solaris back in november which was 8000dr it died in december-next a General Instrument GF 2200 cable box 3000dr and it just went scrambled yesterday.. All odf this over a 14month period. Am i saving hell no. That being said, can i salvage or bring back to life any of this stuff??? havent plugged in my nfusion solaris for months but assume it will still be dead- any ides?

Feb 7, 2007
Conchman, is your Solaris still up with the fix? If everything is well, I might get mine fixed this month... I gave myself the "waiting deadline" of Feb 28, which is tomorrow...

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Its still working well, except it freezes up for 5 seconds every 10 minutes, but thats not a big deal. One thing I learned with these situations, dont wait too long because you dont wanna join the party right before it ends. As far as I'm concerned, the RD3,000 already paid for itself, having Satellite TV for almost 3 months.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Exactly this is the poblem, the unknown. I have payed far more than 2 years worth of regaular claro cable just to get in on the new fix which lasted 2 months max/ Over 18 months = net loss, huge. Is it really worth it.

Anyway, that said, is nfusion solaris back, or only if you invest another bi monthly fee of 3k peso