Good news for Costambar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
SINDICO WALTER MUSA ANUNCIA CONSTRUCCION CALLE ACCESO A COSTAMBAR

The mayor is at pains to point out that this won't happen overnight because the drainage needs to be fixed first so that the same old same old doesn't keep happening to the road. But..........put the flags out: Ayuntamiento has said it will shoulder the responsibility of the road AND it will look into drainage system first :).

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="350" height="24" id="_2560537928303"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.archive.org/flow/flowplayer.commercial-3.0.5.swf?0.3163905137026192" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="w3c" value="true" /> <param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#$b6eb72a0f2f1e29f3d4","playlist":[{"url":"http://www.archive.org/download/EDIS-SRP-0195-06/EDIS-SRP-0195-06.mp3","autoPlay":false}],"clip":{"autoPlay":true},"canvas":{"backgroundColor":"0x000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"plugins":{"audio":{"url":"http://www.archive.org/flow/flowplayer.audio-3.0.3-dev.swf"},"controls":{"playlist":false,"fullscreen":false,"gloss":"high","backgroundColor":"0x000000","backgroundGradient":"medium","sliderColor":"0x777777","progressColor":"0x777777","timeColor":"0xeeeeee","durationColor":"0x01DAFF","buttonColor":"0x333333","buttonOverColor":"0x505050"}},"contextMenu":[{"Listen+to+EDIS-SRP-0195-06+at+archive.org":"function()"},"-","Flowplayer 3.0.5"]}' /></object>

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will believe it when i see it... :)
having said that - they had a road through cafemba fixed so anything is possible now!

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
other good news

The Sec. of Tourism has been designated as the lead for the PLD campaign for region norte......so maybe some money will flow; ala: Felucho with his "sand projects" for Long Beach", Cabarete, etc. We'll see, as usual.
Under the new Constitution they're no longer called Secretaries? Are they Ministers now or what? Still Cabinet guys however. and why are there never women invited to the party? I know it;s come up lately........but....what? Aren't there more women here than men? Don't know the exact demographics actually......I'm sure someone has that at their fingertips.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i will believe it when i see it... :)
having said that - they had a road through cafemba fixed so anything is possible now!

Give Walter his due, I think he has a thing for asphalting roads when you look at his track record around Puerto Plata. There are other things which haven't been done but asphalting is de rigeur, almost like someone in the family owns the creosote company......;) Plus, he tends not to declare something quite so emphatically if there is no intention of doing it. But......on the other hand I'm very aware that we're in the run up to municipal elections in May.......If Water gets re-elected, I'm guessing this could get done. But with 3.5 months to go to the elections I don't see it being done before May, because it's going to take all of that for the drainage study. On the other hand, if he is worried by a Ramon Ortiz resurgence .........who knows?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
As you say Lambada, it may not happen overnight but I'm sure it will happen and when it does it will be great for the area.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
wasnt la mulata promised proper drainage at one time ? we will have the gran canyon on either side of the road by next year i think- although it has stood up to all the rain better than I expected so far

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
wasnt la mulata promised proper drainage at one time ? we will have the gran canyon on either side of the road by next year i think- although it has stood up to all the rain better than I expected so far

Oh ye of little faith :bunny::bunny:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
That must be frustrating in Costambar, to see the roads paved in Cafemba right up to people's homes, but the main entrance staying a disaster in Costambar.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they are starting to do some work on costambar road, i saw it with my own eyes.

dv8 crosses herself, knocks on wood and spits three times above left shoulder

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does it mean we are not gonna get rid of the planta after the lease expires? i guess so...
on a lighter note, main street to costambar is now closed because of road works. up until last night there was a big metal sign in purple and yellow (walter's colours) saying "puerto plata asfaltando" or something to that effect. when we were coming home i saw a motoconcho dude stealing the sign, his passenger had it perched on his back and they both drove into the nigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.