Guard dog needs good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
A doberman/german sheapard needs a home. He lives in Puerto Plata. He needs space and a home with no little kids. He has been trained, is about 5 and is generally good. He needs to wear his muzzle out on the street for walks. He likes to swim. Mikey needs a as we have a baby and cant have this kind of dog living with us. Someone please help! I most Dominicans dont want big dogs as they cant afford to feed them.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Wait a minute....you re tying to pawn off your anti-social overly aggressive dog on someone else?

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
This dog is not anti social and is fine around most people but because he has been train to be a guard dog should not be around kids. He wears a muzzle for his own safety and because I am a responsible owner. I have left the country and the dog is not living in a good situation. I am not willing to bring this dog to Canada as I can not and am not willing to have animals around my new baby. Some people on this forum are really bored and have nothing better to do with their time but to cause problems and be jerks. Many people get guard dogs when living in the DR, I guess you dont live there so would not know that!:eek:gre:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Raquel, could I clarify something? In the first post you say you have a baby & can't have the dog with you, then in the second post you say you have left the country. So assuming you took your baby with you when you left, the dog isn't actually living with the baby now. Is that right?

Raquel

Feb 1, 2003
Raquel, could I clarify something? In the first post you say you have a baby & can't have the dog with you, then in the second post you say you have left the country. So assuming you took your baby with you when you left, the dog isn't actually living with the baby now. Is that right?

The dog is living with my mother in law as we dont need a guard dog in Canada and who wants a doberman around a baby? It is really not important about my situation rather that I am trying to get a home for this dog. Could only people actually interested in a guard dog reply please?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Could only people actually interested in a guard dog reply please?

OK thanks for explaining, I think I understand now. You left your dog with your mother-in-law when you left the DR and you now feel that both mother-in-law & dog would be happier apart. Sorry if my question seemed an imposition, I'll stay off this thread if you prefer. It's just that having lived in Puerto Plata for 17+ years & still here, I know a lot of people so I could have offered to ask around for you. But if you prefer to have responses only from people who themselves want a guard dog, so be it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Raquel has been big enough to post an apology for coming over a touch emphatically :cheeky: on my public profile and..........from her message there I think I might have met this dog a few years back, so I'm definitely going to put the word out that he needs a loving home.

Kudos to Raquel and here's hoping we can find Mikey a home.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Raquel, if you have a photograph of Mikey to post, I think you could gain a lot more genuine interest from the people on these forums.

Perhaps you can also clarify how he interacts with other dogs/ cats etc?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
What we could do is come and have a look at the dog to assess him as we have friends who could be interested in giving him a good home.

Just let us know by pm if you are interested.

ps. We are not looking for a person killer.

Hilde and Peter

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Here he is!

standard.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would hope so. He is indeed a handsome creature with good eyes and nice sheen to his coat. With the four I have, no way, sorry, but I am sure he'd scare the bejeezus outta most folks...

We have too many kids around here...

HB

mrp

Jul 7, 2008
Hi Raquel,

I may be willing to take Mikey. Is he fixed? I would have to test him for agression, since I do have a small child and a 10 year old. I also have a 3 year old 100 lb. spayed white German Shepherd female, so I would have to see how he behaves. I am in Santo Domingo, and I have a big house with a large patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.