Visit to shelters

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
4317242436_55b1c0cee3.jpg

This afternoon I went to visit two centers where injured Haitian children are treated here in Santo Domingo; La Posada de Belen and Vida y Esperanza situated in the Km 11 de la Independencia. I was thoroughly amazed and touched to see how the children even after experiencing this horrible tragedy and suffering awful injuries, they still wore their most beautiful smiles with their big eyes full of hope. I was happy to see that they are surrounded with good people and they are in very good hands but still in need of the following:
Meat, chicken, plantains, potatoes, yuca, milk, powder chocolate, snacks, bleach, detergent, gloves, plastic plates, cups and forks, baby bottles, and girls & boys underwear.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Juanita, thanks! This is a really nice picture and good information. But, do you have specific addresses for these centers so that people could donate?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sorry! Here is a map; Vida y Esperanza is on Independencia but no door number, the building is pink, before La Sirena (opposite side) beside the seniors home called San Francisco de Asis (on one of the corner marked). Tel.809-537-8960. They are both pretty close to each other.

La Posada de Belen is on Vientos del Oeste #3

4317451078_d94cd06c90.jpg

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Thanks, juanita for the information. I just called Hogar Vida y Esperanza at the number you provided. Their address is Kil?metro 11 #78. The person I talked to told me that they are in need of everything. They have at the moment about 60 people residing in the house, children and adults. A Catholic priest is in charge, his name is Alberto. She told me that it will be better to talk to him; he will be in Monday morning.

Love that picture!