The Honeymoon That We Never Had

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
Hello,

I need some assistance in finding a nice place to go for my Honeymoon that never was...We live in Santo Domingo, close to Quisqueya, and I would like to surprise my wife. What I'm looking for is a Resort I guess, or does anyone know of a place that specializes in Honeymoons? I would like to have a Jacuzzi in the room, with possible Horse back riding, Racket ball, Pool, Jet Skiing, Sailing, and other great activities for us to do.

The thing is, I do not speak fluent Spanish, but I doubt this would be an issue since most Resorts (I Think) would provide English speaking attendants. And since I want to surprise my wife, I'm trying to stay away from asking her anything, she would know ;)

As for my budget, and since we are trying to save for a house, I would like to try to keep some options opened. Meaning, are there a few package deals from 5,000 Peso's - 20,000 Peso's, or is it possible that these Resorts would be below 5,000 Peso's? I'm not cheap, just trying to be practical to obtain our goals in life.

I/We would be really appreciative if anyone could help us out with a few names or suggestions, and possible phone numbers.

Thanks so much in advance!

Noel

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
Okay, so nobody gets out much..lol

Superpages here I come..I was hoping for some past experience of some great places on this Island.

Thanks for all of the views

Noel

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are some lovely places I can think of but not sure about your budget! Look at Casa Bonita just outside Barahona - they do a honeymoon package. A beautiful place - very ecological, great pool, horseback riding, walks, lovely deserted beaches. No jet skis though.

matilda

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
Excellent! I appreciate the feedback and will certainly look into those suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!

Noel

Reactions: mike l