Thread: The Honeymoon That We Never Had

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile The Honeymoon That We Never Had

Hello,

I need some assistance in finding a nice place to go for my Honeymoon that never was...We live in Santo Domingo, close to Quisqueya, and I would like to surprise my wife. What I'm looking for is a Resort I guess, or does anyone know of a place that specializes in Honeymoons? I would like to have a Jacuzzi in the room, with possible Horse back riding, Racket ball, Pool, Jet Skiing, Sailing, and other great activities for us to do.

The thing is, I do not speak fluent Spanish, but I doubt this would be an issue since most Resorts (I Think) would provide English speaking attendants. And since I want to surprise my wife, I'm trying to stay away from asking her anything, she would know

As for my budget, and since we are trying to save for a house, I would like to try to keep some options opened. Meaning, are there a few package deals from 5,000 Peso's - 20,000 Peso's, or is it possible that these Resorts would be below 5,000 Peso's? I'm not cheap, just trying to be practical to obtain our goals in life.

I/We would be really appreciative if anyone could help us out with a few names or suggestions, and possible phone numbers.

Thanks so much in advance!

Noel

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so nobody gets out much..lol

Superpages here I come..I was hoping for some past experience of some great places on this Island.

Thanks for all of the views

Noel

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some lovely places I can think of but not sure about your budget! Look at Casa Bonita just outside Barahona - they do a honeymoon package. A beautiful place - very ecological, great pool, horseback riding, walks, lovely deserted beaches. No jet skis though.

matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That 5000 pesos would probably be per person, per night, especially at this time of year

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd consider renting a villa someplace on the island. you can get some great deals here: Dominican Republic Vacation Rentals by Owner, Dominican Republic VRBOŽ, Beach Rentals in Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic Rentals. DR

(eg casa de campo for US$150/night). you'll have to arrange your own food & drink, but this is the cheapest high value way i know of.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! I appreciate the feedback and will certainly look into those suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!

Noel