Armed assault in Sosua. Casualties. Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Has any one seen today at about 5 p.m. a dark sedan with three men in the vicinity of Victor Garage in Sosua?

License plate? Physical appearence?

Any information will be of value please.

Owner is wounded but alive.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
I drove by their front gate on my way downtown yesterday around 3:00pm, and I saw a car part right in front of their gate. The gate was open, which is normal as they are open for business. I didn?t pay too much attention to it, but I believe it was a small SUV.

Then after I finished my business, I came back and passed by their place around 5:30 or 6:00PM, I saw a police car parked in front of their gate, and two policemen were on a motorbike ready to take off. I had to slow down to let them passed. I thought they might have problem with their neighbor, and didn?t think anything was wrong.
What happened? Is Victor and his wife OK? Can you tell us more?..

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
What happened? Is Victor and his wife OK? Can you tell us more?..

Attempted kidnapping from home under gunpoint. The very last moment with both hands already almost tied Victor was able to escape, to get his raffle and to open return fire. Saved his life and life of his wife. Was shot in the leg and was operated last night to remove bullets. Bone was not damaged.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Thank you Afgan for the info.

Not funny, Tamborista! This is nothing like you konw who............

Reactions: mike l

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Wow, after my conversation with catcher and a few others this afternoon I find it hard to believe such a thing could happen in a wonderful place like Sosua. One might think this was also a figment of someones imagination or even hearsay as the rest of the claptrap that has been reported on Sosua is, apparently.

Mar 2, 2008
Well, you have to have a certain leap of faith to simply believe that it did happen.

I'm sure you are a virgin to all this, DRNED, but many people post things that aren't actually confirmed facts.

I'll wait until it is confirmed by a reputable source, but suit yourself.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
No no Catcher, please, Like I said, I am sure this like the rest of the news reports, internet discussions and firsthand experiences of Sosua is absolute rubbish. I completely agree that unless you personally know the people in question and those reporting such crimes then those crimes are very unlikely to have occurred at all, and it is an international conspiracy to bring Sosua down around you with such lies.

Mar 2, 2008
???

Yes, I guess that would be absolutely correct.

Unless you have some quantifiable evidence indicating otherwise, I will remain agnostic. Unlike you, my mind remains unsullied with nonsense.

It is becoming clearer and clearer what your underlying purpose is. Keep posting your unsubstantiated rumors and you will have to change your on-line personae once again.

The more you post the more you expose yourself. Keep up the good work.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Just another day in Paradise...I mean Sosua

Another kidnapping....yawn....why is everone sooo surprised by something that is now happening on a daily basis on the north coast ? Come on, the threads in general on the north coast or Sosua have been nothing but negative, as there really IS no positive, or future for a declining tourist trap that's going nowhere in a hurry. Combination of the local people robbing, mugging, kidnapping, and murdering the tourists and expats, a declining economy, tourism at it's worst ever,a crooked government and cops, everyone on the take, lack of resources, medical, education, and now the unforseen problems coming from the increase of Hatians........
All I can say is I'm sure glad I didn't make this my retirement paradise!

No dis-respect to the friends or family of those involved.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Victor Garage, Sosua

Camino Libre ( uphill from Police Station), turn towards "Panorama Village", in 900 meters black gates.
Tel. 809. 964.78.39 , 829.707.35.02

Good friendly guests are always welcome to this family. And blood on the floor still wet. Police was not able to recover one bullet deep in the cement floor.

It can be your funny souvenir too with a little work.

Mar 2, 2008
If you are so glad, Bluebayou, why are you bothering to post here. There must be something driving you. Is it a lost love, an unfulfilled dream, something left unaccomplished?

Although your 2nd time post does not surprise me, given all the sock puppets that have arisen lately, I am surprised that you do not have more veracity, given the scrutiny you folks will be getting.

Good luck, and keep posting. You are only adding fuel to the fire.

Hey, you and DRNED might make a go of it, come to think of it.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Someone else on the silly pills.

Do you have the Columbo channel on 24/7 in your place? It seems to be in every post, evidence, evidence, evidence, why do you have so much to say if you have no opinion until something is cast iron? I'm stumped.

Like I have said, I am on your side, I hope the place turns around.
As you now seem to have clicked onto the idea that I am causing all these rumors over the last couple of years the game is up.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Catcher....I find the forum very informative and entertaining at the same time. Remember the sock puppets are the ones sitting back laughing at all of you tearing and ripping each other apart and going off topic here as in most of the threads. I guess the Darcy thread really put the iceing on the cake. For lack of anything better to do? beat each other up? I don't get it.
Some people are very defensive, you obviously are one, as my post was surely not directed to you, just my opinion after visiting and looking at the country for 13 years now. I just didn't make the same "mistake" others did.
As the saying goes...if the shoe fits, wear it.
Sorry you were offended...
Personally I like Rye NH better

Mar 2, 2008
Okay, Blue. I accept that, and I look forward to meeting you at some point in the future, although I sincerely doubt that will ever happen.

However, in case you are ever interested in continuing this conversation, you can easily find me. Just venture into the nether-world of Sosua and take your chances amidst the ver-boten of the Sosua under-welt and you will find me.

Scary.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
I wonder what's PICHARDO's take on all of this...his assesment of the the impact of the world's economy was "minimal" on the DR...Sosua was so different 4-5 years ago...Sosua beach is still my absolute favorite out of all the islands and Europen beaches that I was fortunate to visit, yet El Batey is not as safe as it used to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.