Travel to Jamaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Cuba

Knuk

Jan 29, 2010
I was just wondering what the best way to get to some of the surrounding islands would be? Are there boat services that go out that way? Or would buying a plane ticket be best? What are your thoughts?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Puerto Rico is the only one you can travel to by boat - Ferries del Caribe from Santo Domingo to Mayaguez.
There are flights to Cuba, direct with Cubana or via Panama with Copa. Flights to Jamaica via Miami or Panama. Bahamas - fly via Miami, unless one of the smaller airlines does direct flights from Puerto Plata.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
You can fly direct to all these destinations, if you want more info then PM me as I don't know if promotion is allowed on here, not sure I understand the rules on that one. You can defo fly direct no problem.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
as far as i know there are only direct flights to cuba, panama, turks and caicos and USA. if there are more, please elaborate.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
VI via PR or Miami.

DRNED you can post the info as long as it is a genuine recommendation - third party endorsement. To Promote your own business you need to take out an ad.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are no direct flights to The Bahamas, you have to go via Miami, Turks and Caicos, or Jamaica.

There are direct flights to Jamaica (fr SDO)/Panama (STI and SDO)/Cuba (SDO)/Turks and Caicos (POP/STI)

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
There are no direct flights to The Bahamas, you have to go via Miami, Turks and Caicos, or Jamaica.

There are direct flights to Jamaica (fr SDO)/Panama (STI and SDO)/Cuba (SDO)/Turks and Caicos (POP/STI)

Which airline flies from SDQ (I assume you mean SDQ, not SDO which is Japan)? I traveled frequently from SDQ to KGN (Kingston) and always had to go through Panama or Miami. This was as recent as August of 2009. My luck it would change as soon as I leave the DR!