Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Speed Internet

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Speed Internet

I am in Sosua. How can I get legitimate high speed Internet? I want to connect to Xbox Live and do online multiplayer gaming. The highest Internet speed I've been able to find is 1.5Mb, which is pathetic. I wouldnt' even bother going on AIM with that, let alone Xbox. I've seen that there is up to 5Mb available for $211, which is laughable and somewhat insulting. I wouldn't mind paying $211 a month, but that's if I was getting at least getting 10Mb.

Has anyone figured out a way around this, or know of any other alternatives for LEGITIMATE high speed internet? At home (in the US), I get 15Mb standard ($55 a month). Does everyone on this island really function on 1.5Mb??? I'm so frustrated.

Someone please help me (

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there, sounds you are addictive, anyway someone will comeup with a solution for yeh dear....(i just needdto write this....lol...with no offence ok!)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should recall that you are in a DEVELOPING nation and that affordable internet speed is not really a number one priority.

If you want to sit on a couch all day and play video games stay in the States.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGA View Post
    At home (in the US), I get 15Mb standard ($55 a month). Does everyone on this island really function on 1.5Mb??? I'm so frustrated.
    Well, my friend, in my home country my folks can get 100 mbps internet for that price (40 euros) or get 15 Mb for 8 Euros, but my friend, you ARE on the ISLAND (we don't have backbones and peering hubs and OC-192 nods and SONET rings around here)... I have 768 kbps here for 1300 pesos, which is almost 40 dollars ... take it or leave it ... get used to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TOOBER_SDQ View Post
    Maybe you should recall that you are in a DEVELOPING nation and that affordable internet speed is not really a number one priority.

If you want to sit on a couch all day and play video games stay in the States.
    uhh, yea. i'm a teenage female and not into prostitution.. so i guess i do. anyway, thank you for all the sarcastic info everybody! . my bad for asking

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Guy's, what are you complaining about???

We get at the most 80 kbps (paying for 3,5 MB) and we are running Internet business in Europe. Now there is a challenge

Long live Claro and Banda Ancha...the most inadequate company on the island...they even cut off their help line when things are hopeless.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Well, my friend, in my home country my folks can get 100 mbps internet for that price (40 euros) or get 15 Mb for 8 Euros, but my friend, you ARE on the ISLAND (we don't have backbones and peering hubs and OC-192 nods and SONET rings around here)... I have 768 kbps here for 1300 pesos, which is almost 40 dollars ... take it or leave it ... get used to it.

Uhm we don't have:

24/7 electricity

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    Uhm we don't have:

24/7 electricity
    LOL, I was waiting for someone to break this news to the OP.
    The 1.5 mb download / 128 upload doesn't mean you get this same exact speed.
    lately my internet in santiago has come to a crawling speed and I pay 1mb download price.
    AZB

Post Thanks / Like

i have high speed compare to you ...

I checked my internet speed here ScanmySpeed : Check my Internet Speed it very helpful for me to know my internet speed &
    it provides the following result .
    Upload speed : 1.96 Mb/s
    Download speed : 0.73 Mb/s & very much astonished to see very low speed in it . Is there any way to increase my internet speed

Stay Frosty!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reshma View Post
    i have high speed compare to you ...

I checked my internet speed here ScanmySpeed : Check my Internet Speed it very helpful for me to know my internet speed &
    it provides the following result .
    Upload speed : 1.96 Mb/s
    Download speed : 0.73 Mb/s & very much astonished to see very low speed in it . Is there any way to increase my internet speed
    Pay more money for a faster plan (if available).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast