Best (and safest) ways to get to Port au Prince from the DR

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
We had a friend in Canada message us if we could get them from here to PaP - they assumed because we live here we would know! We just moved to Santiago in August!
They are going with 3 people, construction worker and a Dr & a nurse, to a specific children's medical clinic. Everything is arranged in Haiti and the cousin who is the director of the clinic has transportation there (she is maybe 10 mins from the airport in PaP) but they cannot get their 'normal' flight in. They have taken MAF in the past but it is completely booked for many weeks and the cousin has asked for their help now. They are planning to fly into the DR on Mon Feb 8.
What is the best route for them to take? All I know is that I heard there are buses from SD to PaP that leave daily (10am?). I can pick up & provide accommodation here in Santiago as they had requested but I believe their best route is to fly into SD?
Can anyone verify that bus schedule for me? Or any other suggestions?

Jan 29, 2010
I will be doing the same

I will also be traveling to haiti via DR, I posted lots of question on this site and i was able to find lots of valuable info on how to acheive so, I will be going to DR on the 9th , tuesday next week. They have 3 major buses that leave santo domingo to PAP every day, they usually depart at 10 or 11 am based on the company, and arrive at 6 or 7 pm based on the amount of traffic acquired.Send me a pm for more info.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
If you can get to SD then you can still fly into PaP. If you want more details then PM me.