New Question About Further Proof of Relationship-re Immigration Canada

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Hello All,

I know everything is kinda helter skelter with all that has happened, but I have a bunch of stuff I would like to send to CIC that is further proof of our relationship.

Anyone have any idea if there is a place to send this stuff right now? or am I just best to wait?

I was planning on going to see my MP tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else had more stuff to send to CIC and what they were going to do with it?

thanks

C.

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
Noooo. DONT send anything right now. Dont even trust what your MP tells you, as everyone is getting different answers from their MP's everyday!

Try sending an email to the embassy in SD - tell them you want to send in some more information for your application and need to know where to send it. See what they say!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
I have the same type of package waiting to be sent. I contacted my MP last week about some concerns I had, including this very same question. His assistant has been corresponding with me and has said that she would look into this for me this week. If I hear anything before you get an answer here, I will post it.

ETA: Just read SBT's post. Contacting SD seems like the best bet. I don't want to bombard them so I'll wait to hear what the response is if XXKWISIT is going to email.

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
At this point - I think BOMBARDING them is good!! Of course, not the same person doing all the bombarding - cuz that could hurt your own file. But if we all sent one email............Frig - they have to start giving answers, no??!!

Mine was sent last week - the reply was a generic....we will resume processing as soon as possible - starting with the family class, blah, blah, blah.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
for extra proof I would hesitate on sending it unless its been requested as part of your file. I had sent them a copy of my passport to notify them of my name change - but I just scanned that and sent it to the email. but otherwise i would wait - we had extra proof prepared and ready with us when we went to our interview in case it was requested but it wasn't. So I'd keep it together but I wouldn't send it unless you are requested and definately have it at the interview if you are requested for one.

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
I hear what you're saying, but it would make me feel better to do it. It's not like they will say, "hey you're sending too much evidence, stop!" If I can, I will. Especially as I feel that my case is being ignored (even before the earthquake) this will be a good way to bring some attention to it, in my opinion. To each his own.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
Certainly - but by your timeline it says you've been in process in PAP for just over 5 months -- normal timelines are beyond that. We didn't hear a thing until requested for an interview - if your CAIPS notes led to you think you needed to fill some gaps that's fine go ahead - we didn't get CAIPS notes so I didn't have the benefit of seeing if anything was noted there. It will seem like you're being ignored - its a long, frustrating process.

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
My concern has always been that I don't have a bring forward date like all the other ladies with a similar timeline. It's like my file was left to collect dust. If there had been a bring forward date apart from the paper screening on August 28, I would feel a lot better.

Anyway, I received a response from the Santo Domingo Embassy:

Dear Ms. Sweetkiwi99:

Please send any new information directly to the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo. Our mailing address can be found at Canadian Offices in Dominican Republic Ensure that the file number is clearly written on the cover sheet for any documents and that the applicant's name and date of birth are mentioned as well. Thank you.

Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy
Santo Domingo

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Sweetkiwi,

This is good news! At least you got a response! Hopefully this means the applications will be processed at the Embassy in Santo Domingo:)

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Talk about being left in the dust..

I as well do not have a bring forward date and I emailed before you did and didn't get a reply....

I'm sure we will hear something positive soon...

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Hi guys. I sent my application in on January 29, 2009. That's when I mailed it. We didn't hear anything until the interview on December 15 - which we were called about 2 weeks before. That was the first time they contacted us. i emailed them numerous times (maybe 6 or 7) about this or that, but only received the auto responses. i received one email from an actual person from PAP and one email from an actual person from Santo Domingo. My anniversary was last month. This month will be 13 months since I mailed in my application. 2 emails and 1 phone call. This is the way they roll. We all know that. The earthquake is not going to change that. Unfortunately we are left in the dark for most of this process and it is the hardest part. I understand that completely. I really do. And still do. I've been told 2 weeks more for the past 6 weeks.

But ... it'll all be worth it in the end. We all feel ignored. I believe you guys will see that you will be complete the same time frame as all the rest. Bring forward dates - thought frustrating not knowing - are just office process and it could be that the CAIPS were ordered a bit too early.

I just feel bad for you guys because I went crazy at this stage where you guys are, but one thing i did learn, it didn't change it. I cried ... nothing changed. My work suffered ... nothing changed. I shut down and stayed at home .. nothing change. We all have to try to just think positive and know our spouse WILL BE HERE. They will.

Okay ... that's my heart vent to you guys. Phew ... I'm exhausted. :)

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
XXKWISIT- This is the first time I've ever received a reply. PAP never responded to me, EVER. I'm liking this change at the Santo Domingo office. I'm going to get everything I have together and mail a big package next week.

Twillis- your story encourages me. It still doesn't dissuade me from sending my package because there can never be too much proof in my opinion. It makes me feel better to know that I wasn't alone in feeling ignored.
:)

Last edited:

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
Twillis is exactly right - we all were ignored and we all went through the frustrations - i took up running (which worked out as I needed the exercise) but it kept me off the internet freaking out - and so many times I thought "oh my god they're just going to say no - i know it" but then someone here would post something to lift my spiriits and i"d remind myself that this is the road I chose and that there were millions of others in the exact same boat and that I"m glad I live in a country where we don't just let people move in "willy-nilly" - now - sometimes I think with the embassy - "no news is good news" - it means you've done everything right - they have all the info - they just need to go through - but each has to do whatever feels comfortable - and you're right Sweetkiwi - it won't hurt anything and if your BF date concerns you this could be a good way to get their butts in gear.
Twillis - you've been amazing through this earthquake stuff - I feel for you - the last wait for me was almost the most anxious.. sometimes I was like"seriously - how long can it take to print the PR visa?"

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
I agree!

seeing that STO DOM is answering emails if a positive step in the right direction!

Sangria you are right! I also received an email today from SD telling me to forward any new docs to the SD office. This is definitely a step in the right direction!

Thanks to SBT for the advice to send an email. I'm really happy that I did! :)

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
Well, I sent my new package of proof on Tuesday and it was signed for yesterday. Now I really just have to wait. There's nothing more I can do, but it really made me feel better to have done it.