Getting married! Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010
Hi everyone, I have been a 'guest' here for a while now and I would have a question and probably more to come so I joined! I am getting married in DR next year, but I have quite an idea of what I want, yet am not really sure where or how to get it. I am looking to have my ceremony on Cabarete beach, with about 30 people, then have dinner with again, about 30 people. BUT, then I would like to have a late reception with 75-100, with a buffet during the night. Problem is, I wanted to do this at a villa, outside in the garden, pool area since it seems to be the only way I could have the party later than 12, but I would like to have you opinions about this, maybe you have other suggestions. I have also read great comments about Hotel Piergiorgio in Sosua when it comes to weddings, so I was thinking maybe having the ceremony there. I also though maybe having the ceremony through Viva Wyndham Tangerine at the beach. Though I really want something 'private' for the reception, as we will already be many people! Also, I saw the thread about wedding outside a resort, but I need more infos, it's a little 'outdated'.
I am still opened to ideas, so let them flow!
I am looking for something preferably in Cabarete, but am considering close places.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2009
An ideal place for that type of late night party would be the Embocca restaurant. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but the setting is absolutely gorgeous and the food is just superb, not only tasteful but presentation is very unique.

Embocca is close to Camino del Sol, a few minutes east of downtown Cabarete.

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010
An ideal place for that type of late night party would be the Embocca restaurant. I don't know if you're familiar with it or not, but the setting is absolutely gorgeous and the food is just superb, not only tasteful but presentation is very unique.

Embocca is close to Camino del Sol, a few minutes east of downtown Cabarete.

I had considered Embocca, but I can't get on their website anymore.. Would anyone happen to the email or phone numbers of the owners or restaurant? That way I could discuss with them.
I want this to be great, wish is why I am trying to plan it all early. I am even looking into maybe hiring a wedding coordinator, this is too much stress hehe...
Keep the suggestions coming guys!

May 8, 2009
villas

Have you looked into any of the villas in the Cabrera area? Specifically in the Orchid Bay area? There are a number to choose from with the beach at your doorstep and enough rooms to house your guests.. Extremely private too.

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
Have you looked into any of the villas in the Cabrera area? Specifically in the Orchid Bay area? There are a number to choose from with the beach at your doorstep and enough rooms to house your guests.. Extremely private too.

I forgot to mention that I really do not need many rooms in the villa, as most of the guests either live there, or will be in AI from Canada. I had indeed looked at villas in Cabrera, but I find it a little too far! it's over an hour from Cabarete...

Jan 17, 2009
Uh? What am I missing?

NenaDelFlow said "I have been a 'guest' here for a while now and I would have a question and probably more to come so I joined!" or was it LaMorenita? Maybe it is just too late in the day for me; time to go to bed.

Try emailing Embocca through FaceBook Embocca Cabarete | Facebook

NenaDelFlow

Feb 3, 2010

Oops! LaMoreniita is a friend of mine who first introduced me to the website! Sorry guys, I was at her house and forgot to log on to my account.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
i would also suggest embocca....its quite nice and quiet, but close to cabarete so those who want to party on the beach after can easily go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.