Doggie Daycare and Boarding

jessilin

May 6, 2009
I have a 5 year old German Shepherd and a 3 month old puppy. I'm going to be out of town for about 2 weeks and I'm looking for a good boarding place for them. They are never in a cage and I treat them as if they are my children. I am very uneasy because it's hard to trust someone with your animals and I see here that all they have are veterinaries that keep your dogs in crates. Does anyone know of any very pet loving boarding places in Santo Domingo where my dogs won't be in a cage 90% of the time and will actually have social interactions with humans and other dogs??

Thanks in advance!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I could give you the perfect place if you were on the North coast, jessilin, as we are fortunate to have a true 'doggy hotel' in Judy's Pet Lodge where the animals are cared for and given regular runs and the opportunity to intereact with humans every day of their stay. I would even go as far as to say that, if you really want the best care, it could be worth you travelling up and leaving them there for the duration of your absence.

Take a look at what Judy's offers here: Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc.

jessilin

May 6, 2009
Thank you so much and I have heard of Judy's Pet Lodge and also have seen her website. I would love to leave my dogs there, however, the problem is the distance. I am looking for something in or around Santo Domingo. I have actually found a place on line called Petland, have you ever heard of it??

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sorry, I have not heard of Petland as am not familiar with the area of Sto. Domingo but hopefully someone from down South can advise you and will post here. I will, however, ask the staff at Judy's if they know of Petland and let you know if I get a positive response. I suppose my recommendation to you now would be to go and visit them and see what kind of set up they have and see if you think it is right for your 'babies. Good luck.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Worst case, it is not a million miles to the NorthCoast from Santo Domingo. Defo worth the drive or even the taxi to save any worries while away. I know that distance wouldn't be an issue for me if I knew the dogs would be taken care of.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Servican Pet Center
Calle Rafael Hern?ndez # 16-B Naco, Santo Domingo

Directions to Servican: go west on Roberto Pastoriza, pass Tiradentes , take first right on San Martin de Porres, first left on Rafael Hern?ndez; Servican is about 200 yards down on the left

They have several options. Cages in an airconditioned room or a room with a fan.

The most appealing to you may be their offsite property near Los Alcarrizos where a dog is housed in a fenced in area with room to run.

It's worth visiting the Naco office to discuss the options.

(809) 566-2897

Map:
http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/stodgo_map-lenin.pdf
Quadrant G-6

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
When I leave the DR I now I use a house sitter for 2 reasons

1) like you my dogs are like family so I prefer not to disrupt their routines too much
2) The house is safer with my 3 beasts in it!

2nd best soloution is definately Judy's, I have left my dogs there before and they were extremely well cared for!