Orange phones are locked!

miozio

May 23, 2009
I asked at the orange shop if i could use other SIM cards on this Sumsung and they said its not locked. Used this orange card for a while and today tried to use a foreign SIM. Network code is required! The IMEI code is not provided. Should i go and return this phone?
Anyone had the same problem?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I asked at the orange shop if i could use other SIM cards on this Sumsung and they said its not locked. Used this orange card for a while and today tried to use a foreign SIM. Network code is required! The IMEI code is not provided. Should i go and return this phone?
Anyone had the same problem?

I dont know where you bought the phone, but if from the Orange shop in Sosua, in the small plaza next to Banco Popular, the shop is not able to unlock the phone. Instead, they will refer you to a small shop in the same plaza that specializes in unlocking phones.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
You can also unlock the phone yourself. Just google "unlocking orange phone" you shouldn't have to pay more than USD$10 for the code. Do you know how to get the IMEI code?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can also unlock the phone yourself. Just google "unlocking orange phone" you shouldn't have to pay more than USD$10 for the code. Do you know how to get the IMEI code?

You can get most phones unlocked at any "Phone Kiosk" for RD200, why bother?

miozio

May 23, 2009
The locked phones should cost 10 times less and i would say i overpaid exactly that! Thank you for the info guys, i'll try to go to that store at la Serena, PP.

shalimar

Nov 17, 2009
mostly orange phones comes with a lock. you can unlock it.. There are many ways in Unlocking..You need to choose the safe,secure,legal ways also known method...Some people doesn't know to connect the computer via cables then unlock the mobile.For that people and Sometimes Unlock software leads to data lose in the mobiles for those reasons...I suggest the safe method....In here Prounlocking.com Get the Unlock code and Unlock the mobile...I unlocked my mobile using the Unlock code.
And to get the imei code you can find it under your battery or you can dial *06*# and get the code.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If this guy wasn't registered from 2009 I would say it was a spam...

Doesn't mean it is not spam. This is 9th post since 2009. It would be interesting to do a search for posts by this person to see if others were also suspected of being spam.

Feb 7, 2007
Doesn't mean it is not spam. This is 9th post since 2009. It would be interesting to do a search for posts by this person to see if others were also suspected of being spam.

I checked the posts, the guy seems to be based in the DR as most of his other posts are in Codetel/Internet/Speed threads and relate to that subject.