can a place that wants to hire me be my guarantor?

bronxita

Feb 4, 2010
Hello there,I'll try to be as brief as possible. I'm coming to DR from the States,and I want to work and live here. I know that in order to get a temp. residence (which gives me a right to work) I need to have,among other documents, CARTA DE GARANTIA - my question is,if,for example,I apply for a job at a hotel,and they want to hire me, can the hotel be my guarantor? or it's not an option? and also,what are my options? do I need to have a certain amount on my bank account to "prove" that I'm "financially stable"? please let me know

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Hello there,I'll try to be as brief as possible. I'm coming to DR from the States,and I want to work and live here. I know that in order to get a temp. residence (which gives me a right to work) I need to have,among other documents, CARTA DE GARANTIA - my question is,if,for example,I apply for a job at a hotel,and they want to hire me, can the hotel be my guarantor? or it's not an option? and also,what are my options? do I need to have a certain amount on my bank account to "prove" that I'm "financially stable"? please let me know

If you have the credentials than most likely quite a few companies will hire you without a residency but that all depends on the company policy. I wouldn't worry about that, I'd worry more about getting a job because that won't be easy.
Good luck

bronxita

Feb 4, 2010
Thank you so much for the response. I actually called Hilton Santo Domingo, Hotel Santo Domingo, and Marriott Courtyard in SD. In the Hilton they said they don't do it, in two others they said they'll have to do some research, and that they'll send me an e-mail once they have any results. All the hotels say that usually people that come to them to apply for a position already have their status and everything. How can I find out what the company's policy is on the situation? I can call them if there are no other options. I don't want to be in a position where I do have places that want to hire me but can't because I do not have a proper status.

Last edited:

PrincessaDR

Nov 4, 2009
When you hire a lawyer to help with your residencia often they create the letter for you. It is not that big of a deal.

bronxita

Feb 4, 2010
I wanted to do it myself,if possible. Would you say that it is easier to do it with a lawyer? Also,what would be the prices for their services (average)?

bronxita

Feb 4, 2010
Si el Garante es una PERSONA MORAL (Compa??a por acciones o entidad Sin Fines de Lucro), se les requerir? acompa?ar la Carta de Garant?a con:
that's from the immigration website;it can be a person or it can be an organization/company..

Reactions: J D Sauser

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com