Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrage - Harassment on A.A. flights

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Outrage - Harassment on A.A. flights

Has anybody experienced this? Somebody traveling on AA from MIA to POP yesterday, told me that several people were questioned on the plane, before it left MIA, things like 'How much money do you make?' and 'what is your job in the DR?' and other personal finance questions - all in front of the other passengers. I asked which US authority was doing this she said they looked like regular police, that it was not clear.

The targeted people seem to have been Dominican-Americans.

I am wondering if this was a one time or event or whether this is part of some new Orwellian tax-terror action.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They could have been looking for someone. I was on a plane from San Juan to Miami once and the cops were waiting in the gate for some guy who apparently was in some trouble. If you think about it, picking up someone just getting on or off a plane is pretty handy since they have gone through a security check point.

But AA sucks. I only use Continental now. I had some flight delayed on AA once and it was a nightmare. They re-routed us to San Juan and then to Miami where they said they would put use up for the night. They gave us meal vouchers for the hotel, but the restaurant had closed so we had to eat out of the gift shop and have chips and salsa at 11pm after not eating for 14 hours. Then they couldn't get me to Hartford the next day so they sent me to Boston at 9am (be at the airport by 7, shuttle at 6:30)and put me on Greyhound. Because I had been delayed a full day with the flight I went directly from the bus station to work. I even had my luggage with me. On the trip out, we were diverted from POP to Santiago because the flight to POP was canceled and I had to take a taxi to Sosua in the dark on back roads in torential rains. Oh and they lost my luggage too, but it managed to get to my hotel the next day.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I work at MIA this is done all the time mostly to destination where there is elicit money returning back. They don’t do that to DR much. The police that you are describing are TSA agents, no love with them here.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No love for any of them, but they are just doing their jobs, and it is the same situation with all airlines. American Airlines is just the one you happened to pick on that particular day and time.

While I sympathize with your perception of being picked upon, I have to say it happens to others on a daily basis.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

American society is becoming more like an Orwellian nightmare, than the nation founded on the principles of freedom and liberty.

While I understand procedures to stop terrorists from boarding planes with explosives and/or weapons, this, in my humble opinion, is going one step WAY too far.

We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the TSA even have authority over tax issues? I think not!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder terrorists are getting on planes, these guys are too busy collecting money for Uncle Sam.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

They’re a bunch of thugs, with a badge, just like the Marshal that killed a poor ill innocent men at work one day.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It was later found that no passenger over heard the victim shout bomb.
    See link.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The basta*ds!

They all suck!

I hope they rot in he** for what they have done, and I also hope that no one is caught on a flight that actually is targeted for terrorism.

If you stop and really think about it, those basta*ds just might turn out to be your best friends.

Suck it up and stop crying about it. What a bunch of babies! It's a tough world we live in. Get used to it. It's not going to get any easier!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast