Great views, mountaintop restaurants or similar

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Ideally i would like to sit with my feet in a river and then be close to a restaurant with waterfalls setting where I could have cool bear and eat from a bbq. Something along those lines, anyone?

Within a short drive from Santo Domingo.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Ideally i would like to sit with my feet in a river and then be close to a restaurant with waterfalls setting where I could have cool bear and eat from a bbq. Something along those lines, anyone?

Adrian Tropical on Lincoln.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

I haven't seen many bears in the DR for a while!!

Reactions: Tamborista

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
OK, you got me on the bear thing, very good.:surprised
Not needing to be a mountain to have a mountain setting just nice views or even just a peaceful place, a relaxing atmosphere, somewhere I might have a picnic or a place with a BBQ and bar.
If I knew where I was going I wouldn't need to post, so take this into consideration when replying please.

Escape the city is my main intention and the beach is always overcrowded at weekends.

Within a couple of hours drive.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
........Escape the city is my main intention and the beach is always overcrowded at weekends.

Within a couple of hours drive.

If you want to make it a full day trip I would pack a picnic lunch and go to Jarabacoa. You can visit Jimenoa and Baiguate waterfalls, have a nice picnic lunch near the river, beautiful mountain views and all just about a two hour drive from SD. You walk to Salto Jimenoa and take a nice horseback ride to Salto Baiguate.
Rio Jimenoa
15nubyb.jpg

small picnic area en route to Salto Jimenoa
333hf0z.jpg

wt7ntl.jpg

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
This looks like what I could be looking for. I don't want to rush anything so any ideas where to find a reasonable place to stay overnight?

Thankyou

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Google Rancho El Campeche. They are much nearer Santo Domingo (San Crist?bal province).

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Also in San Cristobal province (up near Cambita) is a mountain-top restaurant with a spectacular views, L'Aubergine. Gourmet cooking, quite pricey, and you need to book.