Haiti's Killer Quake - Why it Happened

May 12, 2005
It happened because of plate tectonics causing the faults to move and poor quality contsruction combined with the lack of any effective infrastructure and government.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It happened because of plate tectonics causing the faults to move and poor quality contsruction combined with the lack of any effective infrastructure and government.

Oh DEAR Frank ............. That is like giving the plot of a thriller away when one is only 2 chapters into a good book :cheeky: ;) . "The ending is ...............", (which most of us guessed would be the case anyway!!) :paranoid:

Does this mean I don't have to watch the programme now? Obviously I am not likely to learn anything from it as you have answered all the questions in that simple statement above! ~ Grahame. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
aS LONG AS they don't start by telling me that this was the "Hand of God" dealing with the siners of Haiti, I'm down with it.
Frank is right about the tectonic plates shifting along long-ago determined fault lines. I doubt that anyone can improve on Eric Calais' (Et Al) in the New York TImes..last week..

If they go into tectonic theory, it might well be interesting and might teach some people justhow unstable our "solid earth" really is!!

Oh dear, I hope I did not upset anyone.

HB

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Very Interesting............

Well the documentary on Haiti on Discovery was very interesting.........and in a way alarming............

any thoughts???

Reactions: mike l