European Citizan

gallego

Feb 22, 2008
Need some help, please. I am a Eu Citizan residing in Spain and married my girlfriend of 5 years in the beginning of september. So we started the procedured for a Visa to Spain, collected all the documents requiered for the Ambassy. Now after 5 months going up and down to the Ambassy we were told that the Visa is denied. As a EU citizan I do have the right to bring my wife to the country where I reside by law. What could you advise I should start to get this undone, please?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I think you are not alone, people have tried for years to do what you are doing, with children and still struggle.
My neighbor has recently cleared for entry into the UK after 5 years and alot of money and has 2 kids to the guy!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Need some help, please. I am a Eu Citizan residing in Spain and married my girlfriend of 5 years in the beginning of september. So we started the procedured for a Visa to Spain, collected all the documents requiered for the Ambassy. Now after 5 months going up and down to the Ambassy we were told that the Visa is denied. As a EU citizan I do have the right to bring my wife to the country where I reside by law. What could you advise I should start to get this undone, please?

What nationality(ies) are YOU?

... J-D.

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
i don't know if you have a right. probably not, since it would be rather futile to require a visa if they could not deny it. you can try to apply for a visa at another european ambassy, since she can travel to all schengen countries once she has a visa for one of the meber states. it has worked for some people. especially the eastern european countries are reportedly not as fickle when it comes to granting visas. the only problem is, i don't know how many of them have an ambassy in the dr. you can also apply for a belgian visa. since you are a belgian citizen, there might be a chance that belgian law makes it easier for you to get a visa for your wife. her belgian visa would also be valid for spain, since both are schengen member states.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
OK. So you are a Belgian citizen, living in Spain and married since 5 years to a Dominican lady living in the DR. Right?

As a EU citizen, yo can live in any of the EU countries, either without a Spanish Residencia or after having applied for a permanent Residencia. Obviously, you primary residence apparently being in Spain, you tried to apply for her immigration at the Spanish consulate in the DR(?).

I was you, I would apply at the Belgian consulate. You ARE Belgian, and whether you live in a different EU country (of which you are NOT a citizen?), you sill have rights to be served by your Belgian consulate. I think that you would have much better chances there.
The Spanish consular agencies have a history of snobbing applications from foreign residents of their country.
Once you have a spousal visa for her to come to Belgium, she should be able to travel throughout the whole of the EU.

Another way, would seem for her to apply for a treaty WORD visa. Spain and the DR have several by lateral treaties. One allows for Dominicans to be RECRUITED for work in Spain. You would need a FORMAL working contract offer from an employer in Spain.

Just some general thoughts... J-D.

gallego

Feb 22, 2008
Visa

Thanks for your advice. But all the documents we had to get together are still at the Spanish ambassy. Do we have the right to ask them back. It would save so much time and money.