Google hacked?

May 5, 2007
I can't find a virus on my computer< Bing and other Search engines work fine, but when I Google anyting I get this?

Error 403 bad bad, very bad request

We didn't feel like serving it

May 5, 2007
No idea what happened, but that is response I was getting from Google search, Google.com and opening Chrome for about 5 minutes, interesting

May 5, 2007
The behavior you are seeing is consistent with malware being on your computer.

There are three products listed below that are free for non-commercial use, but there are certainly many others you may try. No one will be able to tell you exactly which product will be the one to work for you, as there are so many variants of malware that produce the same symptoms, it is a trial and error process. Be certain that you update any definitions for any products you use, immediately prior to scanning. You will need the latest updates the vendor has available.

Suspicious Results and Strange Behavior: Strange pop-ups, toolbars, redirects, or results (anti-malware product list)

Malwarebytes.org
The home of Spybot-S&D!
Ad-Aware Free - Download security software for spyware removal - Lavasoft

Good luck, I have not been able to get my old computer restored to load google yet but everything else is working. It was an older one so I purchased a new one and use the old one for achives, as time permits I will remove files and replace those need on new cpu.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Course I never asked whence you were posting, if Cuba it could have been U.S. PREVENTS CUBA FROM ACCESSING OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS dated a few hours ago.

You should know by now the Cubans are used to it.

At any rate, this is like comparing a father who spanks his children with Hitler, or better Mao's purges with the Japanese internment camps of the 1940's, or China's current amount of censorship with the Patriot Act.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
What Hlywud said plus if you have an older version of Internet Explorer make sure you upgrade to the latest. Google is even phasing out support for these older versions as they have many security holes.

May 29, 2006
I've been having some occational bugs with Google but to them it's like swatting flies. Sometimes when I bookmark a page and then open it later, I get some Chinese commerical site.