Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default English learning software for kids

Hi,

Anybody here on the forum that can recommend a english learning software for kids (my kid is 6 years old). It needs to be a program, no online course. Preferably like a game. Learning while having fun... He is very good with computers.

I have tried ABC for kids, but the speech is very bad.

Info is very much appreciated.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you live with your kid? the best way to learn is through life, not a course. Just talk to him in English all the time. And supplement with programs like Starfall.com (it's a reading program but helps a lot of ELL kids (english language learners) and PBS kids online also has a program.

Your child is young enough that with some regular english programs geared toward english speakers (try pre-school level games with Dora the Explorer, Backyardigans, etc...)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaTeacher View Post
    Do you live with your kid? the best way to learn is through life, not a course. Just talk to him in English all the time. And supplement with programs like Starfall.com (it's a reading program but helps a lot of ELL kids (english language learners) and PBS kids online also has a program.

Your child is young enough that with some regular english programs geared toward english speakers (try pre-school level games with Dora the Explorer, Backyardigans, etc...)
    95 % of the time I donīt. All the programs you mention are online programs no?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

"Tell me More kids - ingles"

If you type that in you will get a website for them. It is a software designed to teach english to native spanish speakers age 4-7.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caillou CD/DVD $9.99 at Target in USA

Hi!

We bought a DVD of a character called CAILLOU, and you can learn English, Spanish and French - with games on the software that you download to your computer and play from there.

Or maybe a Leapfrog Junior wand and book? google LEAPFROG.

PS
    I teach ESL to adults.

Good luck and keep us posted on your successes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samanasuenos View Post
    Hi!

We bought a DVD of a character called CAILLOU, and you can learn English, Spanish and French - with games on the software that you download to your computer and play from there.

Or maybe a Leapfrog Junior wand and book? google LEAPFROG.

PS
    I teach ESL to adults.

Good luck and keep us posted on your successes.
    Finding Caillou stuff is hard now... my 2 year old is obsessed with that damn cartoon.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you can find a ton of caillou stuff if you look for him in french. i think he's originally a canadian character. i don't let my kids watch him, he annoys me too much - but my niece is obsessed and we've got her a few games that are originally in french (but have an english option)

8. Likes nsgirl liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank u for all input!!

I will update u on progress, and keep it coming if u have more ideas...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Rosetta Stone is an option.
    i agree, check 'em out

Post Thanks / Like

You can check this out too: Kids ABC Learning Alphabet for Android

Isn’t it wonderful when your child is playing and absorbing useful information at the same time? Indeed, he is learning while having fun! My kids love this app too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast