I bought land in 2007 and the contract is dated April 2, 2007. When it became obvious the lawyer was doing nothing I took my papers and paid the taxes in 2008. My papers were not accepted at the Title office in 2008 because the wife of the lawyer who was on the title did not sign the contract.
It has taken until Feb 2010 to get the lawyer's wife signature on the contract.
Can I take my papers to the title office now to get title. (either because the contract is dated pre April 4, 2007 or because it is clearly a lawyer error?)

Or will I now be required to get a deslinde as part of the process of getting title?

I do plan to get the deslinde - I just prefer to get the title as quick as possible and than start the deslinde process.