New British Ambassador

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
How ironic that he should get posted to the DR;). Sounds like it will be right up his alley.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Do you think he will take up Catchers offer to have all renegades up here & move the Brit Embassy up to SOSUA?? :cheeky: :surprised

Err ............ Welcome Mister Ambassador :cheeky:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I'll forgive Lambada for being quicker than me! It seems I missed her post along with a few others by the look of it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'll forgive Lambada for being quicker than me! It seems I missed her post along with a few others by the look of it.

You mean you haven't been following what our man in Santo Domingo has been doing since he got here? All sleaze jokes aside (& there have been a few :cheeky:) he went to Haiti the day after the earthquake. He is also the UK Ambassador for Haiti and there are of course, British nationals living in Haiti. So full marks to Ambassador Fisher for being a.........rapid responder.
Embajada brit?nica anuncia que va en camino ayuda para Hait?

Ayuda humanitaria del reino unido en camino a Hait?

As an aside, I communicated with the previous incumbent of this position, whom I thought was quite the best UK Ambassador I have known in over 17 years here, including those whose names I can't remember ;) and it transpires that there is some history between the Foreign and Commonwealth office & the Daily Mail. Thus the spin put on the story might well reflect that.

As long as he does his job we shouldn't judge on the peripherals. I still wouldn't want to be in his shoes for the first north coast public meeting with the British fraternity though ;)............he'll need a convincing sense of humour to overcome the potential chortles behind the backs of wrists. I mean, he can't exactly start his speech with 'I want to familiarise myself with all the British residents of the DR'...................:)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
never mind ....I didnt see the original post....sometimes posts dont appear when one presses the daily up-date function

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
He is holding a press conference tomorrow to discuss ways the British Community can work more closely with Dominicans!! That should be interesting lol. But as Lambada says, lets wait and see how he does his job, and not how long he manages to resist the charms of the local chicas!!

Matilda

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Another great post Lambada, you manage to have a chuckle at the funny side with the underlying serious message that he should be judged on what he does in his new role!
What a well balanced lady you are!