La Vega 2010

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
So they say la vega is the place to be for the parties this Feb 28... can anyone tell me about any decent hotels there - and will it be worthwhile staying overnight or continuing on to santiago to sleepover..... I have never been to la vega , so I'll be out on my own a bit there.... thanks Mike

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There's only one decent hotel that I know of, it's Called Hotel El Rey: (809) 573-9797

Here's a list of some others. I've checked out a few and they were pretty bad - especially Hotel America:
hoteles la vega republica dominicana hotels republica dominicana

You may want to stay in one of the Cabanas between La Vega and Santiago or just head back to Santiago. Everything except the closing concert is over by Sundown, around 7, so you won't be driving back too late.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I would just avoid it and look at somebody elses pictures, Carnaval Vegano is a complete zoo unless you are comfortable with mosh pits and pick pockets. The ONLY way to enjoy the festivities is to be in a fenced in area of someone's front yard on the main street. Even the VIP areas are insane.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
thanks to all - I willr ethink the whole thing... cheers
I actually just got a message that it is all over by Feb 28 anyway- I will arrive in the DR after it - so maybe it's been decided for me..... but thanks anyway

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
thanks to all - I willr ethink the whole thing... cheers
I actually just got a message that it is all over by Feb 28 anyway- I will arrive in the DR after it - so maybe it's been decided for me..... but thanks anyway
If you are in SD the first Sunday in March the Carnaval on the Malecon is really nice and safe.