Moving from greece to dominican republic

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
Hello my name is nikolaos vrocharidis and i have decided to move to dominican republic to finish my studies and be a resident too.I was told that I need to legalize my documents like my birth certificate for example, at the dominican republic embassy in my country.The problem is that we don't have a dominican republic embassy in greece!So now I am confused on what to do..if anyone has any idea PLEASE help me out..I don't know what to do..

thank you in advance

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Income for Consulates

I was told that I need to legalize my documents like my birth certificate for example, at the dominican republic embassy in my country.

Forget it.
You'd have to do it all over here and thus pay twice.
Come as a tourist and if you feel like staying longer you can do whatever is necessary here in the DR.

donP

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
i was told that i need to legallize my documents here that's why i'm asking,but are you sure that i can just come as a tourist with a simple passport and then do everything else from there?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi! its new rules (since about 2 weeks ago) - you need to legalize only your birth certificate and translate it (in your own country). Not sure it has to be done in DR embassy.

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
thanks for your answers people!Just to be sure ( because I plan to study there too),I will have these documents translated and legalized: Birth certificate,Record of letters from high school,high school certificate,ID and an application to the uni maybe.And Jessica rabbit if you can really confirm that about needing only my birth certificate legalized you can sace me a lot of money and trouble!

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
i was told that i need to legallize my documents here that's why i'm asking,but are you sure that i can just come as a tourist with a simple passport and then do everything else from there?

yes, and no
the proces i used was this; i decided i wanted TEMPORARY residencia ( it lasts 1 yr) then you must pay more money for a second permanenet residencia card; i contacted guzmans attorneys in santo domingo and they gave me instructions on what to do next $700us approx for the Temporary residencia
Dont do it yourself, use Guzmans they are reliable and do it right!

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
I dont know about documents for university. I know only about residencia (as i applied for it 2 weeks ago so my info is fresh), so translate and legalize birth certificate at home. Of course, the lawyers have to do the job for you here, you will not do it on your own.

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
oh and 1 more thing..what else requirements do i have to meet to live in dominican republic?because i read somewhere that you have to bring proof of economic solvency!like 500000 pesos in the bank or something..is that true?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
oh and 1 more thing..what else requirements do i have to meet to live in dominican republic?because i read somewhere that you have to bring proof of economic solvency!like 500000 pesos in the bank or something..is that true?

Noir: why don't you use Guzman Ariza attorney? IMHO that is your best choice (each case is individual) Do everything right from the beginning and you will have a happy ending.;)

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
it's a good choice using guzman i think.I sent them an email in which i ask what they need from me in order to help me.

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
mmm it said they will contact shortly but i'm still waiting.no problem i can wait!does anyone of you people know that money requirement i mentoned earlier?that you got to have at least 500000 pesos in an account or else your not allowed to stay..