Mia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcavanagh

May 13, 2004
Isn't it funny how both Rocky and Apostrophe man have apparently fallen off the face of the earth?!?! Very, very strange indeed!

Reactions: AlaninDR

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Isn't it funny how both Rocky and Apostrophe man have apparently fallen off the face of the earth?!?! Very, very strange indeed!

Isn't it funny that you should write this on the VERY day I spent a couple of hours with both of them? ...... This morning! You obviously don't get out much to meet people kcavanagh!!

Try popping into Rocky's in Sosua & I am sure a meeting with both could be arranged. You could then chew the cud with both about your thoughts on things!! (now that could be entertaining!)

I DO know they are being a lot more selective about their friends these days though - maybe that explains why certain people do not hear from them on a daily basis?

Have a nice one ~ Grahame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamborista

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
neither of them posted very much well before the un-mentionable event, I presume you must be very bored to bring up this matter again

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
lol. As you can see, I've been around the forum for a little while now, and I have seen folks 'MIA' as they take a well deserved break. It's always comforting to know that they have not gone too far and share with us on occasion.

Rocky is still around and wasnt posting much before the unfortunate events of the month of December, He is a good man and you can find him in the restaurant most days. The other individual who was alledgedly kidnapped is still all over Sosua without a care in the world. Dont know about any of you guys but if I was kidnapped and drugged and held captive for 19 days I would not be out and about in the same enviroment just a few weeks later, IMHO. But who knows we may still find those kidnappers as I am sure the investigation is ongoing ;)

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-Did Apo? paid his debt to Curt & Sandy ?
-Is he running the business ?
-Did he ever admit his kidnapping was a hoax ?

It?s hard to believe how he had the guts to show his @ss in Sos?a again, after such a shameless lie...

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Just curious......MIA??

After viewing the threads here over the yearsI've noticed that there seems to be a few main players MIA. Maybe I haven't read between the lines........

Planner......everybodys favorite for the weather and north coast news.
Marco......the computer "expert" at Rockies, everyones favorite bar.
PutaCana Mike......vast knowledge of deep sea fishing and east coast.
and last but not least....everyones good friend Darcy.........?????

Mar 2, 2008
Just curious, are those people personal friends of yours, and why else would you care?

I suggest that if you are interested in filling your life with quasi-drama you get your fill from novela TV.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Just curious, are those people personal friends of yours, and why else would you care?

I suggest that if you are interested in filling your life with quasi-drama you get your fill from novela TV.

Why the sarcasim David?? Just a simple question, if you have nothing to offer, why reply at all?.........and yes, actually Planner was a good friend, and Marco was an aquaintence.
Take your negativity someplace else.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-Did D?Arcy gave any excuses ? (don?t tell us he doesn?t owe excuses to anyone...)

-Why is always Catcherintherye so self-righteous ?

Reactions: Celt202

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Chris Colon CCCCCCCCCCC seems to have gone MIA, not that he is a personal friend of mine.

People come and people go, often without announcements.
It is the nature of internet forums.
Wondering about the absence of once popular posters does not seem unusual to me.

Hopefully this thread is not the next to go MIA. :cheeky:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What ever happened to that guy that ran the charity, did the dental clinic ever open? Are the funds still MIA?

May 5, 2007
Texas Bill

I'm not surer if this thread was intended for all posters who have seemingly dropped out, so delete this with prejudice if I am in error

I miss Texas Bill's no nonsense posts, has anyone heard from him?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
One of the facts about forums like DR1 is that we end up feeling like we ARE friends with some of the frequent posters - and we notice and miss them when they are gone. It's the nature of the beast. I've only met one person for a few minutes [Juanita], but have spoken on the phone to some others, and it looks like another frequent poster's wife and my husband are probably related.

For example, I can't help wondering how Shalena is doing, I admired her and enjoyed reading her posts. I miss MountainAnnie's frequent posts, but I know she's very involved since the Haitian disaster. I was happy to see Talldrink pop back on this week. Badpiece has been quieter recently, I always end up smiling when he shares his wisdom. Etc., etc., etc.

When someone 'takes a vacation' we notice - and sometimes curious minds want to know how they're doing

AE

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
-Did D?Arcy gave any excuses ? (don?t tell us he doesn?t owe excuses to anyone...)

-Why is always Catcherintherye so self-righteous ?

Good question Squat, some people are here just to pick other posters apart, not offer to the thread. Oh well, ya Cris and MountainAnnie always had interesting posts....another that comes to mind is Mainegirl. I loved her blogs, and her general way of honesty. I'm sure there are others that have come and gone, but Ah, D'arcy....no I had no connections, thank God. I feel alot of people here really got it "tucked to them" in their good efforts. I find it funny that certain people went MIA at the same time. Makes you wonder.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
PutaCana Mike......vast knowledge of deep sea fishing and east coast

I think you may have the Mikes crossed (I know them both personally)...

There is no PutaCana Mike (at least as a DR1 screen name) it's PCMike. PC Mike is a Canadian who is a former Tour Operator and Resort employee who has had his own tour company ( Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventure - Home )for a year or so. He concentrates on TripAdvisor and to a lesser degree Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums as that is where his customers post. He does have a "vast knowledge of ... the east coast".

MikeFisher is a German who owns Mike's Marina and The Punta Cana Excursions Corner ( Punta Cana Excursions Catamaran Buggy National Parks Childrens Foundation by Mike's Marina ) and has a "vast knowledge of deep sea fishing and east coast". He is a director of the Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation and spends most of his board time on TripAdvisor and to a lesser degree Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums as that is where his customers post.

Gregg

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Isn't it funny that you should write this on the VERY day I spent a couple of hours with both of them? ...... This morning! You obviously don't get out much to meet people kcavanagh!!

Try popping into Rocky's in Sosua & I am sure a meeting with both could be arranged. You could then chew the cud with both about your thoughts on things!! (now that could be entertaining!)

I DO know they are being a lot more selective about their friends these days though - maybe that explains why certain people do not hear from them on a daily basis?

Have a nice one ~ Grahame.

G maybe it's you that should be more "selective" about your friends.
some people might see it as "guilty by association" ??
No blackrain, I've been around much longer that you.....I knew Planner when she first arrived, if you knew her, you would know that was a looong time ago. I followed the whole Darcy deal, sat back and laughed, some of the best entertainment here in a long time, I just feel bad for the ones that got burnt, not only by Darcy, but a couple others that still come to his defense.
Hummm

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
I think you may have the Mikes crossed (I know them both personally)...

There is no PutaCana Mike (at least as a DR1 screen name) it's PCMike. PC Mike is a Canadian who is a former Tour Operator and Resort employee who has had his own tour company ( Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventure - Home )for a year or so. He concentrates on TripAdvisor and to a lesser degree Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums as that is where his customers post. He does have a "vast knowledge of ... the east coast".

MikeFisher is a German who owns Mike's Marina and The Punta Cana Excursions Corner ( Punta Cana Excursions Catamaran Buggy National Parks Childrens Foundation by Mike's Marina ) and has a "vast knowledge of deep sea fishing and east coast". He is a director of the Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation and spends most of his board time on TripAdvisor and to a lesser degree Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums as that is where his customers post.

Gregg

Thanks Greg...ya the German in PC or Cabezza de Toro, never met him, although I am a big fan of charter fishing, and have done my share in the DR.
After talking with him, turns out we have mutual friends in his area, and we stayed a stones throw from him not knowing at the time. Very interesting guy.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
-Did Apo? paid his debt to Curt & Sandy ?
-Is he running the business ?
-Did he ever admit his kidnapping was a hoax ?

It?s hard to believe how he had the guts to show his @ss in Sos?a again, after such a shameless lie...

Inquiring minds want to know, but apparently this is all taboo here...so don't even mention it. It's the large pink elephant in the room that we all pretend doesn't exist....

Status
Not open for further replies.