Is "Avatar" in Spanish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2009
Going to see Avatar (3-D) tonight at Megacentro. Does anyone know if it's dubbed in Spanish? Please, no guesses.

Thanks,
BB :bunny:

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Go onto the website and watch the trailer, if the trailer is in Spanish then you have your answer.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
You're an asshole.

-BB :bunny:

I don't want to step into the middle of an arguement, although it wouldn't be the first or last time, but I saw a genuine question, then a genuine suggestion and then a direct insult! Did I miss something?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't want to step into the middle of an arguement, although it wouldn't be the first or last time, but I saw a genuine question, then a genuine suggestion and then a direct insult! Did I miss something?

The OP specifically was looking for someone who had actually seen the movie in DR at the place he was going tonight to find out what language it was in.

My impression is that he didn't want 'suggestions' - going to a website to view a trailer that would most certainly be in English isn't a help because that doesn't help the OP find out if it's been dubbed or if there are Spanish subtitles.....

Sometimes ppl are too anxious to answer/help. DRNED was trying to be helpful, but she didn't fully digest the OPs question first.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The OP specifically was looking for someone who had actually seen the movie in DR at the place he was going tonight to find out what language it was in.

My impression is that he didn't want 'suggestions' - going to a website to view a trailer that would most certainly be in English isn't a help because that doesn't help the OP find out if it's been dubbed or if there are Spanish subtitles.....

Sometimes ppl are too anxious to answer/help. DRNED was trying to be helpful, but she didn't fully digest the OPs question first.

In my book that explanation would just make her overly keen to help, not an asshole!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That was uncalled for, Banker Bill. Although it was not the precise info you were seeking, DRNED made a reasonable suggestion.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009

You are completely wrong, if you go to the cinema websites the trailers are in the language shown on the screening (nearly always dubbed in Spanish). I answered because this is what I do before going to the cinema.

If the OP expects me to do all the legwork then no, this is not what I am prepared to do, if he can't click around a bit and do as I suggested then he really isn't that interested, so why should anyone else be.

Why not follow your own advice and check things out before presuming what you think is right, you are wrong in this case.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Did I miss something?

Well certainly not a subtle insult crafted in impeccable English seasoned with a flavouring of wit :cheeky: Did you see the heading? Suck my ............??

Wouldn't 'Quaff on my testimonials' have had a certain je ne sais quoi? ;)

According to the website for Mega Plex 10 it says ENG which I assume means English? Scroll down here:
Movie News - Santo Domingo Live ! - Movie Theater and Cinemas, Movie News, Movie Reviews, Movie Previews this week from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You are completely wrong, if you go to the cinema websites the trailers are in the language shown on the screening (nearly always dubbed in Spanish). I answered because this is what I do before going to the cinema.

If the OP expects me to do all the legwork then no, this is not what I am prepared to do, if he can't click around a bit and do as I suggested then he really isn't that interested, so why should anyone else be.

Why not follow your own advice and check things out before presuming what you think is right, you are wrong in this case.

You certainly do have attitude issues. If you couldn't answer what the OP asked, why even bother to respond???? Then you attack the OP saying he has nothing to do with the conversation, when he's the person who asked the question. On another thread you ranted about people not reading what YOU wrote. Seems the shoe is on the other foot in this thread.

What you said was 'go to the website', not go to the particular movie theatre website. To me that meant go to the Avatar movie website. Excuse me for not being able to read your mind. Furthermore, two different people who posted saw the movie at two different theatres in SD - one saw it in English with Spanish subtitles, and the other saw it in Spanish. I don't know about anyone else, but that surprised me. It's probably why the OP was very clear about WHICH theatre he was going to, and asked specifically if anyone KNEW which language the film would be in at that theatre.

I will not get into any further discussion about this with you - after reading most of your posts here on DR1, I can't believe I even took the time to respond to you. You clearly have issues.

AE

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
AE, you were wrong, it is obvious I was trying to help and most saw this. You can not be wrong can you?
Yes my mistake in accusing the BB poster of not being the OP, easy mistake to make given the reply after I was trying to help, I was slightly shocked at this.
No, my attitude is fine, you seem seriously insecure and are unable to accept any fault, even when you are completely wrong on something and preach such high standards on forum posting. A fake!

This thread should also get shut down, as even a simple helping hand from me results in disaster and playground mentality from certain posters.

AE, most can see where I was coming from, you are argumentative and a barprop poster. At least I will accept my obvious mistakes in previous posts, you don't even seem man enough to do that, is it that I am a woman that you feel you need to be such a dick all the time and wave your willy around.

Last edited:

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Oh well, I should have figured that out, lacks balls n all!!

Thankyou for correcting me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Again, the OP's response to DRNED was out of line, no matter which way you look at it.
I'm closing this because it's just turned into a free-for-all.

Reactions: AlterEgo
Status
Not open for further replies.