Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is "Avatar" in Spanish?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is "Avatar" in Spanish?

Going to see Avatar (3-D) tonight at Megacentro. Does anyone know if it's dubbed in Spanish? Please, no guesses.

Thanks,
    BB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Go onto the website and watch the trailer, if the trailer is in Spanish then you have your answer.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think he was trying to be helpful.

You'll find full details here, but the short answer is the movie's in english with spanish, english, and na'vi subtitles.

Avatar - Santo Domingo Live ! - Trailers, Movie News, Sinopsis, Starring, Actors, Director, Producer, Writer, Rating, Release Day, Dominican Republic.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banker Bill View Post
    You're an asshole.

-BB
    I don't want to step into the middle of an arguement, although it wouldn't be the first or last time, but I saw a genuine question, then a genuine suggestion and then a direct insult! Did I miss something?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I don't want to step into the middle of an arguement, although it wouldn't be the first or last time, but I saw a genuine question, then a genuine suggestion and then a direct insult! Did I miss something?
    The OP specifically was looking for someone who had actually seen the movie in DR at the place he was going tonight to find out what language it was in.

My impression is that he didn't want 'suggestions' - going to a website to view a trailer that would most certainly be in English isn't a help because that doesn't help the OP find out if it's been dubbed or if there are Spanish subtitles.....

Sometimes ppl are too anxious to answer/help. DRNED was trying to be helpful, but she didn't fully digest the OPs question first.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    The OP specifically was looking for someone who had actually seen the movie in DR at the place he was going tonight to find out what language it was in.

My impression is that he didn't want 'suggestions' - going to a website to view a trailer that would most certainly be in English isn't a help because that doesn't help the OP find out if it's been dubbed or if there are Spanish subtitles.....

Sometimes ppl are too anxious to answer/help. DRNED was trying to be helpful, but she didn't fully digest the OPs question first.
    In my book that explanation would just make her overly keen to help, not an asshole!

Post Thanks / Like

That was uncalled for, Banker Bill. Although it was not the precise info you were seeking, DRNED made a reasonable suggestion.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banker Bill View Post
    Going to see Avatar (3-D) tonight at Megacentro. Does anyone know if it's dubbed in Spanish? Please, no guesses.

Thanks,
    BB
    saw the movie at buena vista mall...it is dubbed in spanish,
    bob

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post

You are completely wrong, if you go to the cinema websites the trailers are in the language shown on the screening (nearly always dubbed in Spanish). I answered because this is what I do before going to the cinema.

If the OP expects me to do all the legwork then no, this is not what I am prepared to do, if he can't click around a bit and do as I suggested then he really isn't that interested, so why should anyone else be.

Why not follow your own advice and check things out before presuming what you think is right, you are wrong in this case.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Well certainly not a subtle insult crafted in impeccable English seasoned with a flavouring of wit Did you see the heading? Suck my ............??

Wouldn't 'Quaff on my testimonials' have had a certain je ne sais quoi?

According to the website for Mega Plex 10 it says ENG which I assume means English? Scroll down here:
    Movie News - Santo Domingo Live ! - Movie Theater and Cinemas, Movie News, Movie Reviews, Movie Previews this week from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast